• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog recovery from Denver, 1400 miles

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just arrived home with the latest project, a 1967 Unimog 404 with flatbed 'upgrade'. The 'mog was hauled from CO to TN with no trouble. Lots of work to do on this truck though. It has some parts removed, hardly any viable wiring, but seems a solid truck. Restoration is the fun part!

Best I can tell this was a German Army radio truck in it's former life. It has the engine-driven air compressor to allow trailer and generator towing, trailer air controller, steering wheel directional pointer, gladhands for attaching trailer air, and the voltage control relay used for charging the radio box batteries.

An earlier owner had cut out the dashboard but never completed the rebuild. Without seeing the layout of the switches it's more difficult to discern what military it was built for. Note the rather rare air snorkel and the seatbelt bar, both original equipment but only installed at time of rebuild, I think.

Here's what it looks like:

001.jpg002.jpg

Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks