• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932 Pickup from Indianapolis. Could use advice!

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For on site assitance in Indy, call Bob Rainville @ 317 710 2240. He is a SS member and has resources to get you moving.
JC
What is his SS name? Should I call him now or just if I get in a pickle (just tried calling, he didn't answer but I can try again)?

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is his SS name? Should I call him now or just if I get in a pickle (just tried calling, he didn't answer but I can try again)?
Cory I would only call him if you need help, you have done your homework and insurance hopefully 16 miles it should do fine. My nephew picked his up today and about 60 miles in the truck shut down. My son is helping him right now his truck showed 8 hrs and 88 miles so you never know. Bob is hard to get a hold of sometimes but he is local and not far from the truck center. Good Luck!

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob actually called me back last night and said he would be happy to help. Super nice guy! I've got all my gear together and with Bob on board I think I'm in great shape for the recovery.

Thank you all for your help. I'm excited to move into the 5-ton world!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad Bob got back with you. He is handy to have around, just in case. His contact maint vehicle is equiped to get a truck running. He is moving a M925 off the lot for me also.
JC

Sambor

HI Shrapnel,
I got 931A2 tractor several months ago in Oklahoma. It had 15 hours and 196 miles showing. I did the walkaround when I picked it up. The gladhand is the air line connections for trailer brake hoses or under the front bumper for connecting the tractor to a towing vehicle. You can get a gladhand service hose at any truck parts store. It will come with the coupler, long hose and a servicing airchuck on it. Mine had one in the tool kit that came with the truck-- yours might still have the kit in the toolbox.
As far as the airbrakes-- test them so you get an idea of how they work. They will feel a lot different than what you are used to. Kinda slow on initial application, but they will really work if you apply just a little too much foot.

Have fun, and seriously-- drive it like you stole it! You will like the view from that high.
John R Dunn
Weatherford Texas

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all for the help. Couldn't have made this happen without the help, especially Bob!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382562677.043490.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382562691.302502.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382562704.372878.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382562720.427719.jpg

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only issues I had were a coolant leak from the heater core and an oil leak from overfilling the power steering reservoir. I've temporarily repaired the coolant leak by shutting off the valves that go to the heater core and the power steering thing should work itself out.

Time to go read the TM for replacing the heater core!

IMG_0242.jpgIMG_0241.jpgIMG_0243.jpgIMG_0244.jpg

k5ontherocks

I just purchased an M932A2 from indy yesterday. I had a local transport lined up as I live about 80 miles away and am just not sure I want to attempt to drive the truck that far. However, theres snow in the forecast and my guy is trying to back out because he can make more money staying local and doing multiple runs if we get snow. Does anyone know if the Gentleman mentioned above delivers trucks? I know of a few other local tow companies I was going to contact.

also Shrapnel, how was it picking up in indy? any assistance from them as far as having it running or any of that stuff?
thanks everyone.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
k5,
Call Bob Rainville @ 317 710 2240. He is pretty resourceful and could get the truck to you. 80 miles is not a far drive. He can prep the truck and you drive it home.
JC

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you purchased a "runner" then they will start the truck and drive it around to the exit for you.

If it is below freezing when you pick it up make sure to check the air system out before your trip. My air dryer isn't working the best and I have a problem with moisture in the lines. There is a methanol based "air brake antifreeze" you can get and it's not a bad idea to have a heat source (propane torch or something) if something is froze solid.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call Bob Rainville, he has access to the lot and can assist with starting and movement to private property for pickup on your schedule
JC

k5ontherocks

Picked up my new to me M931 yesterday. the people at indy were great! truck was running next to the gate when i got there. my transport option had issues so i opted to drive it the 70 miles home. the man and woman there were both very friendly and helpful. truck ride home was awesome,interstate all the way, 60-65mph. truck rode a little roougher than i expected, but drove better than i imagined, brakes were way better than i imagined. this truck is awesome, i can see how this becomes an addiction quickly. i will start a thread and post pics and plans this weekend after i get some pics.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
K5,
You have officially recovered a MV from GL, welcome to the club. Now with all that new found experience and knowledge, find another truck to add to the collection.Have fun and be safe.
JC

k5ontherocks

K5,
You have officially recovered a MV from GL, welcome to the club. Now with all that new found experience and knowledge, find another truck to add to the collection.Have fun and be safe.
JC
HAHA, my dad helped me out yesterday with the recovery. he used to drive something similar in Vietman. i think hes already getting the bug too! couldnt stop asking about the auction, how to sign up, what the prices were,etc.. i think ill be doing this again sooner than later.
thanks for everyones help, cant wait to get into mine once the weather gets a little warmer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks