• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal issues on parts.

mbehne

Sorry if this isn't the place for this.

I recently tried ride to purchase a m23 mount assy (from a reputable surplus dlr) for my display ma duece and had some major issues. The problem was with PayPal. They temporarily suspended the transaction claiming it may violate OFAC regulations and wanted more info about the transaction. I gave them all the required info but they stated they could not process the transaction because it was not legal.

so here I sit scratching my head. I could understand it if it was a firearm or such, but a surplus mount.?.? Any ideas? Am I missing something. The guy said he will take a check but I really like the idea of paypal.

thanks,mike

nw42

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was this a ebay item? If not how would they have known what you were actually buying? Ebay and paypal are both freedom and firearms hostile and I would avoid doing business with either. You may be able to start a new transaction and just send it as a gift payment, avoiding any description of items being purchased

mbehne

. I was going to try it again but I would hate to have my acct shut down as that's what they threatened to do if I was out of compliance again..use it too much. I assumed it was due to the fact the seller is a surplus dealer so they flagged the transaction to " get more information" on the transaction. My stupid arse had to be honest and tell them it was for a m23 mount for an antique vehicle...obviously the word m23 was too scary for the keyboard jockey to allow.

eagle4g63

As stated paypal is VERY anti GUN related.....ANYTHING that has to do with a gun they will frown on....the only option you have is to send a postal money order(so you are covered) or send the guy money as a "friend" I have done the latter on a couple of things just to speed up the transaction.......Also keep in mind.....you know nothing!!! you are only giving your friend money...

mbehne

Good learning experience. I thought to myself to play stupid when I answered their e-mail, then thought why, it's just a big chunk of metal. No reason to be dishonest...guess the standard answer should/now will be parts for my truck.

HASSON1911

Paypal will ban you almost immediately if they find you using their site for payment of firearms... not sure where they stand on relics or weapon components.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks