• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proud American Guntruck is down

zout

Tony is worse than a mad bulldog with a bone - always outstanding performance and a fella to watch work.

Awesome news she had breath back in her for Saturday.

For some reason as said above - it was not meant to be at that other parade for some reason.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Tony is worse than a mad bulldog with a bone - always outstanding performance and a fella to watch work.

Awesome news she had breath back in her for Saturday.

For some reason as said above - it was not meant to be at that other parade for some reason.
I saw somebody try to take Tony's bone once...it was ugly I tell ya!!:papabear:

vtdeucedriver

Glad PA is back up to speed. Its one thing I have learned is that these Macks are beasts when they work. Im still a bit behind the power curve on the know how of these engines but Brandon (AMG) has been on the phone with me more than once to help me out.

vtdeucedriver

Beautiful truck. Glad she's running again. I would sure be nervous not knowing why the engine failed.
The Mack is quirky when it comes to its fuel. The MF engine is much more forgiving. They lost power probably because of the primary filter having some crap in it. When changing both filters as they did, its a act of congress to get the air bled out of the system. There is no lift pump in the tank so it all relies on the IP. To prime the system, it takes FOREVER and even if you think you got it all...................keep going with the bleeding. Its probably just that easy of a fix.............well in mack terms

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to say that some of these air embolisms are absolutley a PTIA to get out. Start of problems may have been filters but the air may have been the source of the no run condition.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The Mack is quirky when it comes to its fuel. The MF engine is much more forgiving. They lost power probably because of the primary filter having some crap in it. When changing both filters as they did, its a act of congress to get the air bled out of the system. There is no lift pump in the tank so it all relies on the IP. To prime the system, it takes FOREVER and even if you think you got it all...................keep going with the bleeding. Its probably just that easy of a fix.............well in mack terms
That's pretty much what Tony concluded...air in the system. Maybe that little snort of eyther gave her what she needed to finish purging the air.

It's funny I guess but any other MV I own can break down or just refuse to start and I just sorta say "Oh well, we'll get around to fixing it". BUT if something happens to Proud American I get all bent out of shape and my world just ain't right til she's good to go again.
I guess it's because of what and specifically who she represents.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It is one of the HIGHLIGHTS of my 68 years to be allowered to be ASSOCIATED with the PROUD AMERICAN and it's BUILDER, thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks