• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crane Ideas?

tklm539

I was hoping to get some advice. I would like to add a crane to the back of my deuce bed. I would like to be able to pick up quads and swing them into the bed. Has anyone done this and what is the best way?

If I had my choice and more money, I would live to put a hydraulic knuckle crane. But in the event that I do not win the lottery, is there an low tech option that will allow me to do this. I am figuring 1000lbs max lifting.

Thanks

Tom

mangus580

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if you want to stay mulitary instead of that red looking thing, :lol: you could go with the ammo loading kit that fits in the bed, it fits under the cargo cover, has a chain fall that rides on a overhead rail, i beleave there is a tm on it in the tm section, i have seen them come up on gl from time to time, as a add extra a towbar comes with the kit, also saw one on ebay about a year ago

Tomtsled

I recently purchased a Hiab knuckleboom that I'm putting on my deuce to sling firewood into the bed with. Got it on e Bay. The guy I bought it from said it should be able to lift a car, which is good, since I do demo derbies, and scrap is very high right now.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, does the base come apart where it pivots so you can still use the troop seats?

Boatcarpenter

Hey 73m819, Do you know from experience that an ammo loader will fit under the cargo cover? Mine is not installed yet, but I seem to recall measuring it back in the fall and finding it was taller by a couple of inches than the top bows. Could be bad memory or bad measuring, but as a carpenter I would hate to admit to bad measuring!! Maybe my side stakes are shorter than they should be also. I'll have to check that too.
Thanks for any info,
BC

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i have seen pics of the cover on with just the end of the trolley beam and supports sticking out

RICE670

Crane truck, thanks I like the odd stuff.Just dumb luck to have some rare models,and they were all with in my very small budget.

devilman96

After seeing most of these in action over last weekend I would have to opt for the Cummins one Mikey has... Pretty sweet little crane and fits under his canvas.

RICE670

Tom, The one I have may be avalible this fall.I need to get the hiab mounted and remove the NO 7 set. Also if you want to check out mine I am about 45 minutes north of you. regards scott

M1075

devilman96 said:
After seeing most of these in action over last weekend I would have to opt for the Cummins one Mikey has... Pretty sweet little crane and fits under his canvas.
I'm wanting to add a crane too and I am value your thoughts. What are the advantages of Mike's versus Clinto's? If it works, I think the idea of the hand winch is handy. Please give me your thoughts on this option:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_74569_74569

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks