• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need dimensions for 16x16 Military tent frame

jayamme

I recently purchased a 16x16 Military tent. I have looked all over the internet and can't find the wall height, peak height, or dimensions of poles going to the top... Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to build my own frame but so far not having much luck. Thanks!!!

If anyone has one of these any dimensions you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

jayamme

THANKS NDT

Just want to make sure I am reading this right...Please verify if possible...

1) 55 degree angle where the side wall meets the top rail
2) 45 degree angle at the top a frame
3) Wall height is 77.5"
4) The side of A frame is 82"
5) Peak height is 12'5"

Just wanted to make sure. I am trying to build my frame either out of 1" conduit or 1-3/8" chain link fence top rail. Will post how it turns out.

Please make sure I am seeing this right before I start buying poles. THANKS AGAIN!!!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All good except on #5, I did not provide this dimension, but with some trig you can figure it out.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
THANKS NDT

3) Wall height is 77.5"
5) Peak height is 12'5"

Just wanted to make sure. I am trying to build my frame either out of 1" conduit or 1-3/8" chain link fence top rail. Will post how it turns out.

Please make sure I am seeing this right before I start buying poles. THANKS AGAIN!!!
The angles are correct but #3 77.5" is the length of the side wall frame tube, the height from ground to the top of frame work (eve) is 74", #5 peak height is right at 9' remember no straight up and down every part of the frame is canted and (4) 82" is the length of the rafter tube from the outside of the eve to the peak2cents011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anf if you plan on leaving the tent up any length of time (months), it's best to support the roof part with 1 x 6's about 9 or 10 feet long between the ribs (underneath the roof part), lashed down so they don't move. Usually only takes one per section, about a third of the way up from the bottom (side) on a new tent, more if it has been stretched by rain accumulating. If need be, I can post pictures.

Dixrp

THANKS NDT

3) Wall height is 77.5"
5) Peak height is 12'5"

How did the conduit or top rail frame turn out. I made one out of 2x4 this past fall and now want to make something more portable.

Last edited:

jayamme

Top rail

How did the conduit or top rail frame turn out. I made one out of 2x4 this past fall and now want to make something more portable.
Actually ended up building the whole thing out of conduit. Made all of my angles out of square tubing that the conduit slides inside of. With a few cross braces and ropes pulled tight it seems to be very sturdy. There still isn't much portable about this tent but it is really nice once u get it set up.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Actually ended up building the whole thing out of conduit. Made all of my angles out of square tubing that the conduit slides inside of. With a few cross braces and ropes pulled tight it seems to be very sturdy. There still isn't much portable about this tent but it is really nice once u get it set up.
Pictures?

Bryanbdp

I created a drawing based on measurements on this forum and from my new in crate tent.
If any of the dimensions need correcting, please let me know.
I am modeling welded pipe joints for use with 1.25 (1.33 actual) galvanized pipe as used in green houses and probably chain link fence rails.
Will post when they're done.

frame end profile diagram.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks