• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Dump Conversion Options

74M35A2

Hi all, new here. I'm purchasing an M925A2 this weekend (is $8500 a decent price if clean for a 1993?). Looking to soon thereafter convert the cargo bed to dump action. Want to keep the cargo bed and not buy a full dump truck. What are the current options for purchasing/fabricating a dump mechanism for this setup? I think C&C sells a kit, but I see in a few articles it may be a little weak or can easily be over powered. Since I have a winch, I have live hydraulics to utilize. I see a few have done a telescopic cylinder which requires a box to be fabbed onto the bed front. Maybe ok. Is it reasonablly possible to swap the dump mechanism from an M9XX or M8XX series dump truck into/under the M925A2 cargo bed? I can cut and weld to no end, but wondering was has worked for people, regardless of self-made or kits. Any other kits besides the C&C one? Thanks in advance.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
For 8.5K you should be able to buy a decent M929. I have been watching GL prices on dumps and that seems to be about the median price.

By the time you do the dump conversion you will have 10k in it unless you have all the parts and can do the fab work yourself.

Just MHO for what it's worth, your milage may vary.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMO, it would be too much trouble to try and put a M929 or similar military hoist under the cargo bed. I've converted many deuces but haven't tackled a 5-ton yet.

The best/strongest setup is a telescoping cylinder in the front. A scissor hoist will work fine also, just make sure you size one big enough. I've found on the deuce that twin telescoping cylinder setups under the bed don't really work on deuces ( I'm sure 5-tons would be similar) because the cylinders interfere with the front tandem.

Naterik

[HR][/HR]I'm planning on putting a godwin subframe scissor hoist under my M925A2 bed after I bob it and cut the bed down. You find them very commonly under full size single axle dumps (state DOT trucks) they are very strong and reliable

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks