• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M47 Dump Project Is Home

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a nice dry truck. Adding a winch and air shift are easy and can be reversed in the futurre if one wanted to. PTO is already there so why not? Wish I had the time and patience to keep and restore my M59.

OD_Coyote

That is a nice dry truck. Adding a winch and air shift are easy and can be reversed in the futurre if one wanted to. PTO is already there so why not? Wish I had the time and patience to keep and restore my M59.
FWIW - If there is any way you can hang on to your M59, I would encourage you to do so, even if you cannot start the restoration until few years down the road. I do not plan on starting the restoration of my newly acquired beauty until next spring.

TacticalTruck

Thanks, I can get you pics of the tool box and spare mount if you want. I may need some pics of your cab protector unless any of the pics posted are for sale for parts. Anyone? This truck must have been w/ a park service or something. None of the mods effected the originality, not even the plow mount. The tires look like caps of the originals. They are dated early '50s Rayon!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think to get "original" OD coyote will have to find a standard hard top, that plywood job looks odd, it has to go. I'm surprised it even survived in the Pacific NW long without rotting.

OD_Coyote

Thanks, I can get you pics of the tool box and spare mount if you want. I may need some pics of your cab protector unless any of the pics posted are for sale for parts. Anyone? This truck must have been w/ a park service or something. None of the mods effected the originality, not even the plow mount. The tires look like caps of the originals. They are dated early '50s Rayon!
Thanks...Let me know what you want pics and measurements of and I will PM them to you. I would like to see detailed pics of the tool box and spare mount when you get a chance.

OD_Coyote

I think to get "original" OD coyote will have to find a standard hard top, that plywood job looks odd, it has to go. I'm surprised it even survived in the Pacific NW long without rotting.
Roger that....A hard top is on my list of must have items...A personnel heater is on the list too.

OD_Coyote

The weather was nice today, so I started the tear down. The dump bed is ready to come off, all I have to do is drive out the rear pins.
The right front fender is almost ready to come off, except for (3) bolts that will need to be cut off, still not too bad for a 64 year old truck.
Spent most the afternoon spaying more PB Blaster on all the fasteners I could access, I should buy stock in the company!
I plan to strip the truck down to the frame and then sandblast paint and build it back up. Bought a nice rust free cab, front bumper and rear cross member from Goodguyzy last spring and picked up a front PTO winch a couple of weeks ago. Still trying to accumulate some more parts like an air shift transfer case, front drive shaft, front frame extensions and winch mounting brackets. I will try to post pics as I slowly progress on the truck.

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The weather was nice today, so I started the tear down. The dump bed is ready to come off, all I have to do is drive out the rear pins.
The right front fender is almost ready to come off, except for (3) bolts that will need to be cut off, still not too bad for a 64 year old truck.
Spent most the afternoon spaying more PB Blaster on all the fasteners I could access, I should buy stock in the company!
I plan to strip the truck down to the frame and then sandblast paint and build it back up. Bought a nice rust free cab, front bumper and rear cross member from Goodguyzy last spring and picked up a front PTO winch a couple of weeks ago. Still trying to accumulate some more parts like an air shift transfer case, front drive shaft, front frame extensions and winch mounting brackets. I will try to post pics as I slowly progress on the truck.
That's really neat! Hear ya about PB Blaster! LOL Thanks for sharing the pics and reviving an old thread with great potential!!

rustystud

I should come up there and check out your progress. Your only about 45 minutes away from me. I have a set of winch frame extensions from my 1952 Studebaker REO I could let you have.

OD_Coyote

I should come up there and check out your progress. Your only about 45 minutes away from me. I have a set of winch frame extensions from my 1952 Studebaker REO I could let you have.
You should come by sometime, just don't expect much. PM me on the winch extensions when you get a chance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks