• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M47 Dump Project Is Home

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OD_coyote, thanks for starting this build thread! This truck is well worth restoring.
I am a sucker for threads with lots of pictures and weekly updates (no pressure).

rustystud

Last edited:

OD_Coyote

Thanks to hndrsonj's suggestion I have a carrier assembly on the way from Memphis Equipment. Tripp at Memphis Equipment was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with and he also gave me a little history on the REB kit that his company developed and sold.

Attachments

rustystud

Thanks to hndrsonj's suggestion I have a carrier assembly on the way from Memphis Equipment. Tripp at Memphis Equipment was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with and he also gave me a little history on the REB kit that his company developed and sold.
Did the guy from Memphis Equipment say if they would ever start selling the REB kits again ? I have two good transfer cases that I would like to convert. Also I need to call you and set up a time to bring those winch brackets up to you. So much is going on right now I keep forgetting.

OD_Coyote

Did the guy from Memphis Equipment say if they would ever start selling the REB kits again ? I have two good transfer cases that I would like to convert. Also I need to call you and set up a time to bring those winch brackets up to you. So much is going on right now I keep forgetting.
He said they have no plans to sell anymore REB kits, since they need to order a minimum of 100 gear sets from the supplier that makes the gears for the kit. He also mentioned that they submitted the REB kit to the U.S. Army as an upgrade for the sprag, but that the Army decided to go with the air shift transfer case instead.
No hurry on the winch brackets, it will be several months before I am to the point of needing them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how much did that set you back? I had to trade a very nice water buffalo for mine...

rustystud

Agreed...I am glad that I was able to buy one at all since they are probably becoming hard to find...Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.[thumbzup]
Considering how rare the truck is in general, looking for a specific part seems almost impossible . No other truck that I know of use's the tire carrier as a cab support. Now that has to be rare !

OD_Coyote

Thought I would post a video of the M47 running before I get to the point of removing the engine during the tear-down process. I finally installed the replacement water pump, so this was the first time I could let her run for any period of time. None of the gauges worked so I hooked up makeshift oil pressure and temp gauges to monitor the vitals.

https://youtu.be/aUgS-23EjRA

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
They are very quiet, the quietest of all the deuces. How does your intake manifold look? On my M34 it was cracked at the heat box for the winter/summer damper, it was a common problem. Was a big chore to find a replacement.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks