• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m811 on gl

Status
Not open for further replies.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if im steping on somebodys toes on this im sorry, but this to nice not to pass on, a m811( shop equipment org.) at camp blanding fl., heres the link
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/endecaSearch?Ntt=m811&Ntk=P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&words=m811&cmd=keyword

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love those 5-ton shop trucks. A mobile shop on wheels, perfect for us MVers, especially going to MV shows and the like. If there's any problems with an MV at Aberdeen, you have the truck and the shop to fix it right there!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
73m819 said:
if im steping on somebodys toes on this im sorry, but this to nice not to pass on...
It is a very cool truck, BUT.... If I wanted that truck and was seriously bidding on it, apologizing ahead of time would not make me feel any better about this thread. It makes it seem like you knew better but could not control yourself...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Re: m811 on gl

i found out about the xm977 that went up on ebay from a SS post,i did a buy it now knowing that others were looking at it, in fact at least two were SSers who i have talked to later,thay both gave me [thumbzup] on getting it, even though thay wanted it, also there was a guy who wanted to part it out, so the SS post may have saved it from the scraper. the 811 was to nice a find not to pass on, i know we all want to keep the cost down, but if another SSer would like the truck then its up to what each thinks its worth, were a family, we share info and FINDS all the time in the hope that it will be a help or interest to someone. in fact thats how i got my NEW 1200s for the 819, someone here found them then passed the info on to me, i had the choice to get them or not, i would not have had that choice if the find was kept a secret in case one of us was bidding on them,. i stand by my post

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
CUCVFAN said:
73m819 said:
if im steping on somebodys toes on this im sorry, but this to nice not to pass on...
It is a very cool truck, BUT.... If I wanted that truck and was seriously bidding on it, apologizing ahead of time would not make me feel any better about this thread. It makes it seem like you knew better but could not control yourself...
I second that.

Michael

RE: Re: m811 on gl

It is interesting that they don't show what is in the back. They have sold a couple with everything in the back for close to $20,000.

citizensoldier

builder77 said:
CUCVFAN said:
73m819 said:
I second that.
I third it. Ebay= yes GL,GSA = NO
Did that person put a post for all to see about the tires or just send you a PM? Finds like this are cool and why not just send a PM to who you may think would like to buy it? Not tell any soal that is searching our site? And hardly ever spends the time to dig up GL deals?
If GL only had a "buy it now price"

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well folks....just to put my 2cents in.
I check GL out at least weekly.
If I find anything I might be interested in I put it on my watch list.
The site is very much visited and I don't think anyone looking for such a vehicle would not know about it.
I know before I bid what my limit is and I stick to it.
If I get out-bid that's just the breaks.
I have posted several items I thought members might be interested in, some on GL, some I just happened up on.
I'm not going to throw rocks at someone for posting an item that is listed on a public site.
My HO for what it is worth.

M1075

:deadhorse:

Cool, I have been wanting to use that one!

From prior discussions, it is clear some people like to have the info shared, some don't. Unless the mods decide to prohibit and delete such posts, I think they will continue to be a part of the landscape around here.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK gang, here we go again. Some folks are for GL posts, some are against and some just don't give a dang. Everyone has said their piece so I'm locking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks