• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

Migginsbros

I can't seem to locate it under the TM section. It would be nice if the ss admins would create a subforum for unimog manuals under the Technical Manuals the way they have for other categories
Think that´s a good idea. PM the admin to create a secton TM´s for UNIMOG and a second for other foreign vehicles.
Chris

Guyfang

Staff member
The CEE TM's are in Misc TM's. Sub Forum. Where do you think they should be? I dont think that the Admins will make a sub forum just for CEE's. I think what happened was when I posted them, and Admin didnt know where to put them, and Misc TM's sounded like the place to him.

rtrask

The CEE TM's are in Misc TM's. Sub Forum. Where do you think they should be? I dont think that the Admins will make a sub forum just for CEE's. I think what happened was when I posted them, and Admin didnt know where to put them, and Misc TM's sounded like the place to him.
Don't take this the wrong way, I am not intending to unload on you. I appreciate that you have provided the latest manuals even though you don't own a SEE. It's just my frustration spilling out.

< RANT MODE ON >

Part of the issue might be that it is the FLU 419 SEE, not CEE. But that aside, you were responible for the original upload, knew it was there but couldn't find it. That should say something for how hard it is to find. I think the Unimog thread provides a significant contribution to the traffic to this site. It seems like a Unimog sub forum should not be out of consideration. It is a sub forum of the vehicles. Why not make it a suforum of the TMs? At least make your TM post be a sticky thread to the Unimog sub forum the way insurance is which is needed infrequently at best, where as TMs are always in demand.

< RANT MODE OFF >

Guyfang

Staff member
We both are misunderstanding each other. I wasn't upset. I was asking where would be a better place? You see, when you upload TM's, a moderator moves them to a sub forum, and it just may be not what you expected it would be. I do remember, when I uploaded the TM's, I did not check to see where it went. I was uploading all kinds of TM's, 3-4 hours a night. I should have paid more attention. I am sure we can get the thread moved, that's not hard. And I am sure we can get a moderator to change the title.

I am all for a sub forum, but that's a another fight. I am a ground power guy. We have been trying to get a sub forum for ground power for three years. Still don't have it. For a number of reasons. Some good, but most not. Probably the biggest reason is that the SS forum is very big, and the moderators think long and hard before making it even bigger.

Your Right, I screwed up with SEE insted of CEE or FLU 419 CEE. I thought I looked all over for the TM's, but looked right over it sadly, once posted, you can't go back and change it.

Ok, hope that sheds a bit more light on it, and I was in no way upset. If you want to try for a CEE sub forum, it's going to take more then one voice. Sound arguments and facts. Above all, perseverance.

peakbagger

Without fanning the flames, there are a couple of nice manuals and articles on the SEE stashed away in the Misc TM forum. Hard to beat the student manual, should be required reading along with the service cartoons. The report on digging holes in permafrost with the optional ripper claw bucket was of great interest since it confirmed that my oddball bucket was actually military issue.

rtrask

After having read what I wrote again I came off way more harsh than I intended. I especially did not want to even appear to be attacking Guyfang who I am very greatful to for his contribution. I truly appreciate th SS site. My one complaint is the difficulty to navigate it.

Pinsandpitons

6AF9178B-FD4F-47AC-8071-AC13518E3FF3.jpg
Just for reference. A photo of the ID plate from the front pump. I"m so fed up with the speed of the front system that I'm looking into pump replacements. The hoses would have to be upsized too as the out currently is tiny. Anyway, not sure an internal gear pump belongs on anything I own. There's a spare pulley on the crank, I could drive the new one with two belts.

Of course I could just plumb into the PTO pump. I think I remember someone here doing that.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
After having read what I wrote again I came off way more harsh than I intended. I especially did not want to even appear to be attacking Guyfang who I am very greatful to for his contribution. I truly appreciate th SS site. My one complaint is the difficulty to navigate it.

So let's change it. What's the best way to fix the problem, then we can call in a moderator to wave his magic stick.

MadCat2

new 419 SEE owner, Rome PA, USA. Need help w parts, needs a lift pump- I have it bypassed but want to fix that, and it overheats- what T-STAT does it take?

rtrask

Would anyone like to express an opinion on what I should torque the bolts that hold the access cover to the transmission with a cork composite gasket. I have searched the TMs but not found anything regarding the installation of the access cover. The torque values would probably be too high anyway because the OEM was some kind of plasticized paper / fiber. I looked for an OEM but gave up fairly quickly and just made my own. For reference this is what I am talking about.

20190106_154611.jpg20190106_152006.jpg

I am guessing around 5-10 pounds. I used a thin coat of Permatex aviation liquid sealant and added lock washers to make up for reduced torque. When I installed it I mated up the materials and put the bolts an washers on finger tight and left it set for an hour or so be for tightening 1/4 a turn at a time on opposite sides of the plate. I just tightened it enough to depress the spring in the lock washer. I did not put a torque wrench on it, just kinda guessed on what was equivalent force. I intend to go back over it with a torque wrench once I decide on a value. Any comments on the process I followed are welcome.

As a tip to anyone that needs to do the same thing, a spent 45 ACP is perfect for cutting the bolt holes. Just line up the access cover with the gasket put the 45 in the bolt hole and give it some love with a rubber mallet.

45InAccessCover.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

rtrask

I generally tighten most fasteners until they start turning freely, then back off half a turn.
You may want to use less torque.
I'm kinda dense, FLU farm, I am not sure what you mean, or if you are joking. My tendency is to over torque. When I tighten until it turns free it means I've either snapped the head, or stripped the threads. In either case backing off a half turn doesn't do me much good. But if you are not ribbing me, can you explain what you do mean?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks