Page 414 of 417 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 4167

Thread: FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rtrask View Post
    I can't seem to locate it under the TM section. It would be nice if the ss admins would create a subforum for unimog manuals under the Technical Manuals the way they have for other categories
    Think thatīs a good idea. PM the admin to create a secton TMīs for UNIMOG and a second for other foreign vehicles.
    Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 1,958 Posts

The CEE TM's are in Misc TM's. Sub Forum. Where do you think they should be? I dont think that the Admins will make a sub forum just for CEE's. I think what happened was when I posted them, and Admin didnt know where to put them, and Misc TM's sounded like the place to him.

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guyfang View Post
    The CEE TM's are in Misc TM's. Sub Forum. Where do you think they should be? I dont think that the Admins will make a sub forum just for CEE's. I think what happened was when I posted them, and Admin didnt know where to put them, and Misc TM's sounded like the place to him.
    Don't take this the wrong way, I am not intending to unload on you. I appreciate that you have provided the latest manuals even though you don't own a SEE. It's just my frustration spilling out.

< RANT MODE ON >

Part of the issue might be that it is the FLU 419 SEE, not CEE. But that aside, you were responible for the original upload, knew it was there but couldn't find it. That should say something for how hard it is to find. I think the Unimog thread provides a significant contribution to the traffic to this site. It seems like a Unimog sub forum should not be out of consideration. It is a sub forum of the vehicles. Why not make it a suforum of the TMs? At least make your TM post be a sticky thread to the Unimog sub forum the way insurance is which is needed infrequently at best, where as TMs are always in demand.

< RANT MODE OFF >

Thanks

We both are misunderstanding each other. I wasn't upset. I was asking where would be a better place? You see, when you upload TM's, a moderator moves them to a sub forum, and it just may be not what you expected it would be. I do remember, when I uploaded the TM's, I did not check to see where it went. I was uploading all kinds of TM's, 3-4 hours a night. I should have paid more attention. I am sure we can get the thread moved, that's not hard. And I am sure we can get a moderator to change the title.

I am all for a sub forum, but that's a another fight. I am a ground power guy. We have been trying to get a sub forum for ground power for three years. Still don't have it. For a number of reasons. Some good, but most not. Probably the biggest reason is that the SS forum is very big, and the moderators think long and hard before making it even bigger.

Your Right, I screwed up with SEE insted of CEE or FLU 419 CEE. I thought I looked all over for the TM's, but looked right over it sadly, once posted, you can't go back and change it.

Ok, hope that sheds a bit more light on it, and I was in no way upset. If you want to try for a CEE sub forum, it's going to take more then one voice. Sound arguments and facts. Above all, perseverance.

Corporal
    Thanks

Does anyone have an extra front loader bucket that they would like to sell? Thanks

General
    Thanks

Without fanning the flames, there are a couple of nice manuals and articles on the SEE stashed away in the Misc TM forum. Hard to beat the student manual, should be required reading along with the service cartoons. The report on digging holes in permafrost with the optional ripper claw bucket was of great interest since it confirmed that my oddball bucket was actually military issue.
    Unimog SEE, Unimog 1300L Ambulance

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

After having read what I wrote again I came off way more harsh than I intended. I especially did not want to even appear to be attacking Guyfang who I am very greatful to for his contribution. I truly appreciate th SS site. My one complaint is the difficulty to navigate it.

Sergeant
    Thanks

6AF9178B-FD4F-47AC-8071-AC13518E3FF3.jpg
    Just for reference. A photo of the ID plate from the front pump. I"m so fed up with the speed of the front system that I'm looking into pump replacements. The hoses would have to be upsized too as the out currently is tiny. Anyway, not sure an internal gear pump belongs on anything I own. There's a spare pulley on the crank, I could drive the new one with two belts.

Of course I could just plumb into the PTO pump. I think I remember someone here doing that.
    Last edited by Pinsandpitons; 01-07-2019 at 00:20.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,012 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LZahariev View Post
    Does anyone have an extra front loader bucket that they would like to sell? Thanks
    If you find the entire loader with a bucket, which is probably far more likely, I'd be interested in the loader part.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rtrask View Post
    After having read what I wrote again I came off way more harsh than I intended. I especially did not want to even appear to be attacking Guyfang who I am very greatful to for his contribution. I truly appreciate th SS site. My one complaint is the difficulty to navigate it.

So let's change it. What's the best way to fix the problem, then we can call in a moderator to wave his magic stick.

Page 414 of 417 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 LastLast