• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fireball!!
No seriously, I run into that more than I like to also.
You gave me a good idea. Or let's call it an idea for now.

If I pour a bunch of that stale gas down a centrally located prairie dog hole, then light it, I could have those darn sod poodles shooting out of a dozen holes.
Probably to quickly to use the trusty .22, so a shotgun may be more appropriate.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oooooooo.... sounds like the pump needs to come off to me. One last hope would be that the throttle linkage isn’t adjusted properly. Have you worked the linkage at the pump while checking for fuel? Anyone have other ideas?
I would try putting a good additive into the pump, through the injector lines, before removing anything.

lucasdog

Hello all.
New member here.
Bought my SEE tractor about a year ago. I must have gotten lucky as most of it works fine. I havent used it too much yet as a friend has it, using it to build on his place.
I'll be spending a week or so skimming through some 430 pages of the forum to catch-up.

Manateeman

Manateeman, Montana. SEE 419. All of a sudden I am struck with only 2nd and neutral on the 4position H shifter. Wont find 1st , third or fourth postions. Don't know if the shifting forks are jamed, and if I need to open up the top to force back in. Working great and now seems out of alignment or something. Other transmission HI LOW REVERSE shifting fine. Any ideas?

Pinsandpitons

Sounds like the little plastic ball bushing in the top of the transmission has broken. Similar symptoms reported by a number of people with that problem. Sounds like a pretty easy fix if that’s the case.

peakbagger

Considering what the OP (and a lot of prior folks) thought might be wrong, $132 is a cheap fix even if I was off by $118 bucks. I haven't had to install one yet but I have one on inventory.

mberetta

Thanks to everybody that have been helping me diagnose my lack of fuel issues. It was very clear to me that the base was also struggling to find the answer since a lot of the fuel components were unplugged or loose when my SEE arrived.

I think it's just been a combination of several things. Nasty rotten filters, kinked fuel line, bad primer, cracked brass fittings from over tightening. Thanks to the suggestions here I have discovered that the lift pump is bad as well.

New pump has arrived from expedition imports. I was able to find the actual failed component on sites that apparently only sell to retailers. So of course I was disappointed that I had to spend $170 versus probably a couple bucks for the failed piece. I can't wait to install the replacement this weekend and finally be able to bring this beast to life.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks