• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

Hummerdave

You'll need to get the backhoe back down, then the whole thing would clear 8.5 feet high.. take a look at TM5-2420-224-20-2 around page 8 or 9.. that's where they tell how much stuff weighs.. then you might be able to add up for the total weight of the bucket.. surely your 3k trailer could handle it..
I saw this truck on the auction site.. all apart and scattered out... be sure to get the hood and engine cover...
Dave

I just won 1FG999996HM450268 on Gov planet. Hope to have it moved to New Holland, PA soon so I can figure out what all it will need.

To assist my load-out, would anyone know what the height is with the backhoe up as pictured? Can it be lowered back down by simply removing the holding straps?
View attachment 560809

Also, what is the weight of the loader by itself? Trying to figure out if I can haul it on a separate 3000lb trailer.

Hummerdave

oh, I know... I was just trying to be "frugal"....
just not sure if the hood hardware is the same between the 406 and the 419's..
Dave

peakbagger

Well I put my electrical issues aside this evening and with a helper managed to get the backhoe partially deployed. The PTO lever likes to pop out so in the short term I have to hold it in. The throttle control switch worked once and then wouldn't idle up so I stopped before unlatching the boom lock. One thing I hadn't noticed is that the bucket on this one is equipped with some very nasty digger teeth. Not the wimpy single removable tooth shown in the manuals but 4 massive teeth permanently welded to the bucket. So much for making clean holes. I guess at some point it would be nice to get a straight bucket but first things first, work through the bugs and lube what can be lubed.

peakbagger

C&C Equipment which sells SEEs frequently (they have one up on Ebay currently) mentions they a have parts. I expect when they buy complete units, they probably buy a few parts vehicles. I have not dealt with them yet .

Foxyjosh

Could somebody please post a clear picture of the control levers that operate the front bucket? I'm going to have to fabricate one unless somebody out there has an extra or a source where I can buy one. C&C and EI didn't have one.

Foxyjosh

I live close to McMaster Carr so I'm good for the off the shelf stuff. That bracket looks like it's just steel tubing welded at a 90 deg. angle. Before I even start on that I'll need to fix the oil pan first.

peakbagger

I have the cause of my dashboard electrical problem, rats or some other critter. I pulled the fuse panel and the intake air duct and found the remnants of a some sort of critters nest. I don't mind critters sharing space, but this one chomped through wiring. I pulled the instruments and on some connectors only 1 out 6 wires are connected to anything. Most of the wires are cut clean but others are gnawed on. Luckily the damage is centered in one specific area which runs to the dash so the starter circuit and running lights were not affected. I expect the critters are long gone as I bought the truck from someone in texas and figure that's where the damage occurred, it was shipped to northern NH and sat outdoors all winter with temps get a slow as 30 below.

If the wiring harness had color codes or if there was a electrical schematic it would be an easier fix but using what little electrical diagnosis there is in the manuals I guess its down to tracing wiring and reverse engineering what is inside the dash components .

Speedwoble

I just won 1FG999996HM450268 on Gov planet. Hope to have it moved to New Holland, PA soon so I can figure out what all it will need.
I got my SEE home. On the plus side, it arrived with the Hood, Engine cover, and FOPS. On the down side, it needs a large number of little parts in addition to the top portion of the trans, a starter, and a stabilizer lift cylinder. I've been reading the manuals and the parts manuals to develop a list. I have talked to Vons Mogs and EI about the trans. I wish I could find someone parting one out for the little things and the stabilizer cylinder.

It did come with a spare injector pump.

peakbagger

Any chance the missing cylinder is this one ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Hydraul...184?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aab63c748

Not cheap but I expect a heck of lot better than buying it new from Case. This backhoes was used on many model cases so if you could find a heavy equipment scrapyard I expect you could probably get one used

Not sure how often an injection pump goes bad but the core charge is pretty outrageous if you do need to send one out.

NEIOWA

I'm not able to look at one right now. Who made the PTO. -24P CAGE code says Diamer Bemz (or Diamer AG). MB actually the mfg (vs Chelsea etc)? Looking for info on the HP rating of the PTO.

Speedwoble

Any chance the missing cylinder is this one ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Hydraul...184?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aab63c748

Not cheap but I expect a heck of lot better than buying it new from Case. This backhoes was used on many model cases so if you could find a heavy equipment scrapyard I expect you could probably get one used
That is the LH and I need the RH. I actually work for Case, so I downloaded all of the Case parts lists(matches the PN in the TM's) Based on that PN, yes it is easy to find a salvage yard with a used one The difference LH to RH is just angle of the ports.

Another Ahab

That is the LH and I need the RH. I actually work for Case, so I downloaded all of the Case parts lists(matches the PN in the TM's) Based on that PN, yes it is easy to find a salvage yard with a used one The difference LH to RH is just angle of the ports.
It's always nice when something actually makes sense:

- Like the two lists of Parts Numbers (PN) matching

Seems so obvious, and great when it works this way, but fortune doesn't always shine so readily all the time (though you'd think it would, right?).

peakbagger

Well it was worth a try. I actually bought a cylinder rod for mine as the one on the rig has several rust spots. I know I can buff them out but figured I might as well pick up a rod as it some point it makes sense to change it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks