• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

Yea, for that rubber piece, I'm thinking this silver tape I've got will work just fine. However...I do feel the need for that Fox Mog. It floats?! Man...

Got my poster today, thanks GH!!!

General Hood

Yikes! At that price, it makes me want to look into using a common transfer case lever boot for a Spicer 18 instead.
Also, it's possible that PETA could have an issue with sealing up what seems to be the doggy door for rodents on a SEE.
Both my SEES have the rubber boot near gone. I'm kinda waiting for FLU Farm to buy another 6-7 parts SEEs so I can put in a request for parts

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both my SEES have the rubber boot near gone. I'm kinda waiting for FLU Farm to buy another 6-7 parts SEEs so I can put in a request for parts
Alright, alright, send me some money and I'll get a few more, Mr. Hood. Actually, I need to dig up some photos of the Pete and trailers so someone here can buy them (great for transporting SEEs and other stuff) which would free up funds for SEE purchases.
Yeah, that'd be the honorable thing to do, guys. Buy my Pete so I can buy some SEEs, and Mr. Hood can buy good seals from me. That's the least you could do for him after he supplied the wall charts.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, to give you an idea of what I'm selling; A 1980 359 Pete with a fresh Cat reman 3406B and Fuller reman 18-speed, rear air suspension. Custom built 28' dry van with living quarters in the front (copy of a Lance cabover camper design, but backwards and with a larger shower and 100 gallons of fresh water) and room for a Jeep or other stuff in the rear. With air suspension, of course.
Also a custom built 24' dropdeck trailer on air ride, and a con gear with (you guessed it) custom Pete AirLeaf suspension.DSCN0141.jpgStuff 089.jpgStuff 705.jpg So why is the SEE backwards on the trailer? Because I backed it off another trailer onto mine for a relatively short trip. Otherwise the logical thing to do would obviously be to put the bucket over the 5th wheel.

MSMOG

Good luck to anyone bidding on another unit tomorrow on GP. I was looking at some of the upcoming units, and I am unfamiliar with this tag. What does "IRAN at IWS" mean?
image.jpg

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice rig, FLU Farm.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. That combination rig is a "Hoss"; real sweet. :beer:
Thanks, Ahab and MSMOG. Does that mean you want to come over for a look-see and test drive?
Both tanks are full, so you could drive home from here without stopping for fuel. At least if it's 2,000 miles or less between us.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have bought this rig a few months ago. It was basically new. Could have driven it home.
View attachment 649713View attachment 649714View attachment 649715View attachment 649716
Have you seen what Soni Honegger did to his M920? He turned that ugly duckling into a bitchin' truck. It wasn't a quick or cheap transition, but what a difference.
As far as driving one home goes, you'd probably want to do a gearing change and add much taller tires before you start the trip.IMG_2373.jpg

In case you doubt it, the left one is stock and what he started with, and to the right is the result. Not visible is the much improved transmission and a nearly 100% increase in power, plus numerous other upgrades in the drivetrain and elsewhere.

MSMOG

Have you seen what Soni Honegger did to his M920? He turned that ugly duckling into a bitchin' truck. It wasn't a quick or cheap transition, but what a difference.
As far as driving one home goes, you'd probably want to do a gearing change and add much taller tires before you start the trip.View attachment 649727

In case you doubt it, the left one is stock and what he started with, and to the right is the result. Not visible is the much improved transmission and a nearly 100% increase in power, plus numerous other upgrades in the drivetrain and elsewhere.

I own a couple of 53' trailers and only occasionally need to move them around. That's my only justification.

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mo own a couple of 53' trailers and only occasionally need to move them around. That's my only justification.
You're as bad as I am, MSMOG. Yeah, you "need" a tractor to occasionally move some trailers. Sounds like what I would say.
In reality, all you need is a con gear, then you could move them with the SEE. And I happen to know where you could buy one.
A SEE makes a pretty good yard goat, as long as you don't mind having two pivot points when backing up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks