• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

skippytdi

Very nice pictures, thank you.
i wouldn't call ripper teeth "hooks", at least not in the world of excavation.
you ever do time for the us military peaky?

Actually I think its this part number. The bucket doesn't have provisions for a ripper claw.
3830-01-361-8209 Ripper, Bucket
(12177) 020-189
A EA 1
its listed in the Operations Manual Additional Authorization List.

Its made by Wain Roy and their name is welded on the sides of the bucket as well as two data plates.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wai...Jm0c7HIYM:&usg=__AZmhp-bDqq2oJ-Fxz5bQYftoLRk=

Another Ahab

Very nice pictures, thank you.
i wouldn't call ripper teeth "hooks", at least not in the world of excavation.
you ever do time for the us military peaky?
I have never seen ripper teeth like that on a bucket, but it looks like it could come in handy.

Of course I'm not an Equipment Operator so I don't know (and maybe there's a reason I've never seen them before):

- Do those things mess up the bucket's ability to excavate at all?

thcSEEfarmer

there is a wain roy ripper bucket on ebay for $950. I'm just looking for the one big single ripper that hooks to standard bucket. does anyone have a suggestion on better tires or different size that will fit? I have blown three tires in three weeks and they were all new. the Michelin tires are worthless. I would say they are the biggest problem I have had to deal with.

Another Ahab

I have blown three tires in three weeks and they were all new. the Michelin tires are worthless. I would say they are the biggest problem I have had to deal with.
I read somewhere not too long ago that old man Michelin died recently (the Founder).

Maybe the shop went to H*** with the death of the Old Man.

That would be pretty fast turn-around to have an effect on YOUR tires. But this kind of thing HAS happened to a lot of other companies before. Who knows?

skippytdi

I have never seen ripper teeth like that on a bucket, but it looks like it could come in handy.

Of course I'm not an Equipment Operator so I don't know (and maybe there's a reason I've never seen them before):

- Do those things mess up the bucket's ability to excavate at all?
if it escavates, it lifts. what do you attach a sling to? that is the confusion we are having.
if you google image flu419 one of the the top images is a tractor with this bucket.

your question, imo is no, it makes the bucket heavier, thats a subtler difference but otherwise the biggest differences you will see in a bucket are in relation to bucket size and whether the bucket has teeth or not.

Another Ahab

Im selling one of these in California. These things are unbelievable. Im asking $25000.00 909-841-1200. Cant figure out how to put it on classified.
Are you relatively new around here lapdog; and did you get a proper welcome?

For the record:

- Welcome from the home of Patrick Henry, the grand old Commonwealth of Virginia.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the PTO lever used for? Im able to use the backhoe and bucket without messing with this lever. I think everything is working.
Check your users manual but the hydraulic system used by the backhoe runs off a hydraulic pump that is driven from the PTO on the transmission. If your hoe works, the PTO is engaged. That PTO and pump are not intended to operate at engine rpm in the on-the-road range so always disengage the PTO when on road or winding out the engine for any reason. You have probably not done any damage but no need to tempt fate. Learn how to disengage the PTO.

BTW, the loader runs off the front hydraulic pump, coupled to the engine, so it's running all the time. No problem with RPM with that system.

Besides, it's no fun if you don't have to climb back into the cab every time to engage the PTO because you forgot before you got out! Great exercise!

Another Ahab

BTW, the loader runs off the front hydraulic pump, coupled to the engine, so it's running all the time. No problem with RPM with that system.

Besides, it's no fun if you don't have to climb back into the cab every time to engage the PTO because you forgot before you got out! Great exercise!
Please keep your comments entirely on-thread here:

I believe this comment belongs rightfully in the "Getting in Shape" thread only! :naner:

Hummerdave

Hi everybody.. I finally have another engine sitting in the frame and getting stuff hooked up to it. I thought I took good pics of the details but I did not get any of the dang suppressors and the polarity breaker wiring.. would someone have pics or details on the wires coming and going to that.. I have looked all thru the manuals and this item is just not covered anywhere..
thanks,
Dave

Hummerdave

Anybody?
(hearing crickets..)
I think I have figured out most of it but could someone look at the black relay behind the alternator and tell me where its wires go. The plug-in has one loose wire with a terminal and I think it goes to one of the alternator studs but I'm not sure..
thanks,
Dave

Another Ahab

Anybody?
(hearing crickets..)

I think I have figured out most of it but could someone look at the black relay behind the alternator and tell me where its wires go. The plug-in has one loose wire with a terminal and I think it goes to one of the alternator studs but I'm not sure..
thanks,
Dave
I'm here, hummerdave, and I hear you; it's just that I'm only a spectator here on the thread. So I apologize that I got no feedback to give you.

Oh, and the crickets?

That's just my ring-tone:

- It's Momma calling. We'll let that go for now.

Another one of her requests for a "Gallon-of-Milk/ Loaf-of-Bread".

Momma's Not Happy.jpg

Speedwoble

Anybody?
(hearing crickets..)
thanks,
Dave
I spent 30 minutes at skippytdi's place taking photos of his mog when he had the cab up. I hope these help.

WP_20150823_14_47_48_Pro.jpgWP_20150823_14_58_04_Pro.jpg

skippytdi

Check your users manual but the hydraulic system used by the backhoe runs off a hydraulic pump that is driven from the PTO on the transmission. If your hoe works, the PTO is engaged. That PTO and pump are not intended to operate at engine rpm in the on-the-road range so always disengage the PTO when on road or winding out the engine for any reason. You have probably not done any damage but no need to tempt fate. Learn how to disengage the PTO.
What do you consider on the road range rpm?
are you also going to tell us that the see is unstable and dangerous at full convoy speeds?
from what sources are you basing these "quirks" of the mog pto?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks