• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

sapper56

Thanks!!

I went through fuel issue with my rig and had some of the same concerns on my injector pump. I had a small outboard engine fuel tank with a squeeze bulb sitting around so I disconnected the short fuel line between the fuel shut off valve and the fuel strainer and hooked the temp tank up so it gravity fed so that I cut out the fuel tank and its connections as a source of problems. I then used to squeeze bulb to pump up the system. My truck would run and then lose prime. With the squeeze bulb and temporary tank it would run fine for awhile and then lose prime until I squeezed it again. I ended up replacing all the hoses and cut a new strainer gasket, including the hoses hidden on top of the tank. I was warned elsewhere that running the injector pump dry was a very bad thing as it gets its lube from the fuel. In my research Mercedes diesel car owners of that era had similar issue with the plastic fuel lines.

I also just went through a lot of electrical issues (critter ate the electrical harness behind the dash) and the final glitch after repair was that the remote throttle and the hand tool switches didn't work. There is one common 16 amp fuse (one of the few red ones) that supplies the remote throttle, the hand tools and the electric hydraulic cooling fans (and possibly the remote bucket lift?) . It is the first fuse on the left side of the #2 fuse box that is the box on the right if you are looking at it from the front of the truck. I kept loosing the fuse and finally traced it to one of the electric cooling fans which was rusted solid inside from water getting inside the motor. The fans are controlled by a thermal switch so the dead motor wouldn't cook the fuse until I started to run the backhoe for long enough to heat up the oil to the point where the thermal switch snapped. I couldn't locate a spare fan and didn't want to buy the entire cooler that EI has listed (I created a ticket with them regarding just the fan or the motor but they never replied) so I picked up some new 24 V radiator fans on Ebay and built an adaptor plate. I just installed them Saturday and ran the backhoe for three hours with no fuse issues. Not OEM but figure I would rather have new fans than 25 year old fans with a potential design defect. I tried the hand hydraulic pump system previously with no success but expect that fuse issue was making it not work. I pulled the switch Saturday and the pump obviously started and ran and the throttle sped up automatically so it may be worth tracing the fuse back to the switch panel on the back. A "dooh" moment on my part is realizing that its heck of lot easier to work on the fans and wiring with the backhoe raised to the up position.

Good luck, it will be interesting to see if the same issues are popping up with these SEEs

Cool on the rock bits, mine came with all the ones listed on the BOL but no more. I found a cross reference somewhere to the bits, they aren't standard but there are some firms that make bits that match up. I didn't get the chainsaw which is good thing as it doesn't have chainbrake and Kevlar chaps may not stop the blade as it has a lot more torque than a two stroke.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely try that before I get too crazy on the IP.

skippytdi

Don't be like that. imp **** makes you do your math.

There might be something to what you say. It's like the Metric issue:

- Once you've used Metric, it makes a whole lot more sense, AND makes life easier, than working with Imperial measurements (like are you kidding 1/16's and 1/32's!?)

- But the inertia of the "old method" doesn't want to budge. We're a stubborn lot.

Another Ahab

Don't be like that. imp **** makes you do your math.[/QUOTE]

I used to go bananas years ago making a living as a carpenter, adding up dimension strings for the cut-man at the saw:

- Let's see 3-1/2" + 5-7/16" + 2' 7-5/8" + 3' 9-3/4"

Oh yeah: measure twice, cut once, screw up anyway; measure again (curse some) and KEEP GOING! aua

profo

got pictures

Model-FLU-419
Owner- Marty Pontiff
Town-Jeanerette
State-Louisiana, USA
SERial-451098IMG_1360.jpgIMG_1361.jpgIMG_1358.jpgIMG_1362.jpgIMG_1359.jpgIMG_1363.jpg

Last edited:

profo

pictures coming soon

If you got a picture (it doesn't even have to be real nice or anything), it sure will be a treat for us visual learners. :)

In process of install air conditioner from a M915 kit redot in it now once done will take pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Marty

Another Ahab

Just as a general observation, but here and there on other threads I occasionally run across comments taking cheap shots at ANYTHING Unimog related.

What do you think that's all about!?

profo

I like Unimogs

Just as a general observation, but here and there on other threads I occasionally run across comments taking cheap shots at ANYTHING Unimog related.

Not sure yes its a bitch to work on cause everything is crammed in a small package but considering everything its capable off I think its great, I like stuff with attachments and this is the jackpot, Its got all the regular attachments like hammer,drill,saw, and I am adding hydraulic welder/generator from GETEC, oky/cetaline bottles aka small torch setup, Got a 2 inch hydralic pump for it too, moving spare to headache rack, put 365/r20 on it so it is not so bouncy, I always wanted one since I saw one in the 90's I am going to use it around the house daily and the only thing more I want to add is a transformer emblem on hood.

Marty

Another Ahab

I always wanted one since I saw one in the 90's I am going to use it around the house daily and the only thing more I want to add is a transformer emblem on hood.

Marty
You're going to use your 'Mog "around the house"!?

You must do some kind of sure enough heavy-duty cleaning! :)

Jetsonscolor6.jpg

Last edited:

BnaditCorps

you were looking at King Machine's "An American deuce in Canada" thread weren't you.

In all fairness a mog is a good truck, but expensive (it is a Mercedes Benz product), whereas a deuce is cheap (relatively) and more uses for the general person. I mean come on how many people need all the buckets and saws and lifts, etc. Versus a deuce, large cargo capacity and large bed. Plus a deuce is a lot more customize-able, you can get a different bed, cab, tires, lights, roll cage, etc. A mog just couldn't fit a box body on the back with the space that a deuce's one does.

hasardeur

Hello,

sorry for bad english speaking/writing.
I m the owner of a 419 SEE, I thing one of only two officially registrated in Germany.
It s very difficult to get parts for the 419 here, I need a frontloader with brackets and the hydraulictools. Who can help me?

Greetings from Germany

BnaditCorps

Hello,

I m the owner of a 419 SEE, I thing one of only two officially registrated in Germany.
It s very difficult to get parts for the 419 here, I need a frontloader with brackets and the hydraulictools. Who can help me?

Greetings from Germany
welcome, i am not a Unimog guy, but i have many funny stories about them.

Another Ahab

Hello,

Greetings from Germany
Greetings hasardeur, your English is great, you don't ever need to worry about that.

And welcome from the USA over here in the great old Commonwealth of Virginia.

profo

PUT adds everywhere in parts wanted etc. can anyone lead me in the correct direction for finding a used passenger door for my SEE.

Thanks MartyIMG_1362.jpg

peakbagger

Someone in VT has a drivers and passenger door listed on unimog exchange.

With regard to the photos from skippydi, In photo 4 I see both hydraulic cooling fans are missing. One of mine failed, I couldn't find one except in the complete unit for lots more dollars. Looking at how it failed I wasn't thrilled with the design (prone to corrosion) so I ended up converting mine to standard 24 volt pair of fans designed for truck radiators. If the fans were scrounged it implies that they tend to fail so I am glad I went with more modern design.

Speedwoble

The parts are out there on your side of the ocean.:
https://www.troostwijkauctions.com/nl/graafarm-vv-bevestigingsbeugel/03-20164-0-3299460/?s=unimog
I saw a frontloader not long ago, I think it was on Machino.com
Hello,

Greetings from Germany

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks