• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"How to get a HET in life..." - M1070 Acquisition thread

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More details -

Added an antenna and tie down. I've always thought tied down antennas look cool on vehicles. You can also see the winch control station safety guard in its folded down "travel" mode here.

het-41.jpg

The truck came with a few plates bolted through the expanded metal grates on the winch platform. I wasn't sure exactly what they were supposed to be used for, but it turns out they are for a jerry can holder to be placed in about the position I have it here. It is actually for the decontamination kit, but it is just a regular jerry can holder, so I put a water can in it. I like this position because you can reach the water can from the ground.

het-40.jpg

Both sides of the truck have a 3/8" air connector with a boot to cover them when they are not in use. You can see it here below the battery box.

het-39.jpg

Light and Heavy Equipment Transporters. Here is my M1070 nose to nose with my M916. I haven't had them next to each other before today and it really reminds me of how large a truck the 916 is, even compared to the HET.

het-37.jpg

het-38.jpg

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The only difference between men and boys is the size and price of their toys. Or so I've been told.:drool::drool::drool:

To wax nostalgic I remember as a young boy playing out in the back yard of my grandmother's house under a huge hickory tree. My brother and my buddies and I would play for hours with our Tonka trucks and earthmoving equipment.
Now I work on my trucks out in the yard under a huge oak tree. The more things change the more they stay the same.

goodguyzy

Mine get along great. I was wondering about that plate with bolts. Have you looked at a putting in a laptop in its "holder". Im still kicking around the idea.

Attachments

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine get along great. I was wondering about that plate with bolts. Have you looked at a putting in a laptop in its "holder". Im still kicking around the idea.
My truck doesn't have any mounts for anything inside, I've seen some have speakers and radio mounts, but I didn't get anything like that.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the HET to a few events this weekend -

het-45.jpg

het-46.jpg

het-47.jpg

het-48.jpg

het-49.jpg

Here you can see how the hood opens as well as the engine access ladder that stores behind the cab.

het-50.jpg

The HET draws a crowd!

1486914_355930187894379_1795489257_n.jpg

Carlo

I'm feeling the fever also for a few years now and I also am doing everything possible to find money for my HET. Can I PM you with some questions?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks