• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"How to get a HET in life..." - M1070 Acquisition thread

glepaco

Hi Another Ahab, the truck is located in Suriname where we are hauling tropical logs. Mostly heavy logs like Ipe, Purpleheart and other species. A lot of work to convert it into a log truck. Still have some work to do on it...like adding a headache rack and some small stuff.

Another Ahab

Hi Another Ahab, the truck is located in Suriname where we are hauling tropical logs. Mostly heavy logs like Ipe, Purpleheart and other species. A lot of work to convert it into a log truck. Still have some work to do on it...like adding a headache rack and some small stuff.
I was going to say. That picture had me wondering!

I've been ALL over Florida, from one end to the other. I mean you know, +/-.

I was thinking those trees and that clay, Florida!? I never saw any woods in the State anywhere with trees or soils like THAT.

Last edited:

nitrox2595

Hey guys, been working on mine. I put 2 whelen amber rotating beacons on the rear cab corners, and the route clearance lights, purchased from ScubaCat. Beast with Route clearance lights.jpg Quick question.. The aux winch had a small crack in the case( which was professionally welded), and now, It pays out a few inches and then stops. Any ideas?beast at holly shelter.jpgbeast with TT.jpgBeast in yard.jpgbeast next to hino.jpg

ua2121

Great transformation to utilize the amazing towing capabilities of this monster.

Was it easy getting it exported from the States? Can you pls elaborate on the process?

Good luck logging!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks