• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"How to get a HET in life..." - M1070 Acquisition thread

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome pics, keep them coming!
Sure!

The air filter, out for cleaning. Note the coke can and 5 gallon bucket for size reference. I think almost every other air filter I have could fit easily inside of this one.

het-51.jpg

The air box where the filter lives.

het-52.jpg

The power steering reservoir. Note the coke can for reference and the size of the lines coming from it.

het-53.jpg

The various circuit breakers inside the cab.

het-54.jpg

A shot rearward from under the front axle. You can see the very large transfer case as well as all 5 gigantic air tanks.

het-55.jpg

The #2 axle (1st of the rear tridem) You can see how the air brake chambers are above the axles to increase ground clearance.

het-57.jpg

Here you can see the massive transfer case to #2 axle drive shaft as well as the very large trailing arms.

het-56.jpg

M1075

You will need Soni's 10 Ton crane to do any work on that beast. How many people does it take to lift the air filter?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to make a few brackets to get the tool box secured, but this is about where it goes.

20131211_170900.jpg

M920

I need to make a few brackets to get the tool box secured, but this is about where it goes.

View attachment 467253
Man.... I really don't like the looks of the miss matched paint! But then, since I'm having a very generous day....I will take that toolbox off your hands! Just think about all the bracket work and all the painting I would be saving you....lol

Looks great Matt! [thumbzup]

Soni

WRMorrison

Just saw this thread; great story! I wish I would have known about this adventure earlier; I would have loved to tag along to recover it!

-WRM

Carlo

sure!

The air filter, out for cleaning. Note the coke can and 5 gallon bucket for size reference. I think almost every other air filter i have could fit easily inside of this one.

View attachment 467011

the air box where the filter lives.

View attachment 467010

the power steering reservoir. Note the coke can for reference and the size of the lines coming from it.

View attachment 467009

the various circuit breakers inside the cab.

View attachment 467008

a shot rearward from under the front axle. You can see the very large transfer case as well as all 5 gigantic air tanks.

View attachment 467007

the #2 axle (1st of the rear tridem) you can see how the air brake chambers are above the axles to increase ground clearance.

View attachment 467005

here you can see the massive transfer case to #2 axle drive shaft as well as the very large trailing arms.

View attachment 467006
super hd!!!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the HET to a car show today, was a big hit. Everybody loves a HET!
You could have atleast put some shine on those tires so it would blend in a little more with the other show cars, but I don't think they sell Amorall in 5 gallon buckets.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at the HET Lube order today and was thinking about how much of all of the different types of lubricants the truck uses. I made a rough estimation that it probably has something like $2000.00 of fluids in it. (not counting fuel!) Thats about 100 gallons of oils and 23 gallons of coolant, which should weigh north of 850 lbs.

250 gallons of #2 diesel should be about $900.00 on the low end, and weighs about 1750 lbs.

:cookoo:

Last edited:

m715mike

So to put this in terms I understand, should I ever have the pleasure of owning an HET, I need to plan on two loans from the bank... One to buy the truck and a second for the first oil change!! :doh::doh:

On a more serious note, I have really enjoyed following your story and checking out the pictures. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your awesome experiences!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks