• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Annual Texas MV Rally

OL AG '89

Let's get this party started!
anybody bringing party favors or games for Fri / Sat night?
I'll bring the washer toss or beanbag toss, may bring a 4 wheeler or mule for a scout vehicle...

m715mike

Is anyone going through Montgomery (Hwy 105) or Navasota (Hwy 6) on their way to the Off Road Park Friday, March 21st? I'm thinking a convoy to Bryan / College Station would be fun...

richingalveston

I may be in my pickup with 4wheeler in back since my 1009 probably wont be ready but I plan on attending the off road park Friday and Saturday.

I would suggest the new Buckees in Waller for those coming out of Houston who want to attempt a convoy. Huge parking lot. It is 35 to 45 minutes to get from Waller to hwy 6 and 105. For those coming down 105, If it were timed right you could probably get a pretty large convoy from the Houston and North Houston area.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to back out this year. :x The museum should have a great turn out though, I just stopped by for business and they are putting together two WWI tanks for the show.

m715mike

Okay, I've got food on the brain, which leads to my next question... Are there food vendors at the Museum on Saturday, or do we need to pack a lunch? Also, what time will we convoy back to the BVORR Saturday afternoon/evening?

Barrman

There has in the past been at least one burger/hot dog vendor at the show. I think a few years ago there were two. I have found bringing snacks and $5.00 to work. I was just looking at my Whisperlite stove a few minutes ago and pondering a MountianHouse meal for the show.

I think the re-enactment starts at 1400 Saturday. Those of us that have seen it once don't normally wish to sit through it again. However, we all want to stand on the side of the trail as 5-15 armor vehicles shake the ground staging for the show. Once they stage around 1300 or so, we normally form up and head back to the ranch. Each person can do as they wish.

pistolnut

Well, I'm definitely in. I'm not sure yet about my logistics but my tentative plan is to tow the white M-715 to the park and tent camp.

I'm in the process of liquidating a lot of my MV stuff including my deuce. I have some of parts and odds and ends, if anybody is interested in M-35 or M-715 parts pm me or email at pistolnut@gmail.com and I can probably bring to the event.

Barrman

Looks my arrival time will change. Colton has an academic UIL competition we just found out Friday. I have no clue when it will be over. We will get there when we get there I guess.

runk

I'll see you all at the Park on Friday. My son and I are going to try and leave Houston (near downtown) early enough to miss the worst of the 290 outbound traffic, so no later then 3:00pm. If we get to B/CS too early I may try to stop at New Republic Brewing (hoping they have adopted the new laws and can sell to go, since I am seriously unwilling to drink even one and drive the deuce !).

OL AG '89

I've slept since the last time we gathered and apparently ate the coordinates to protect the innocent, can someone post the address, grid coordinates to the gate once again for us old guys and the newbies? or if its on the BVORR website i will get from there, but havent looked yet....

Barrman

The tow bar is mounted on the M715, most of my tools are in the M715 and RED is going to get topped off on fuel this afternoon. I should be ready to go except for perishable food by dark tomorrow.

Anybody else close to being ready?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks