• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why do some people hate military vehicles?

zout

Tell you of a couple funny stories of two brother who lived NE of here in Atlanta area whom both bought houses next to each other in HOA's. Both bikers as well and the family was from Belgium - there were software mfg's.

One bother lived down the hill from his younger brother - the oldest had one of them big water balloon sling shots - when his bother came out of his house - all he saw was incoming ballons.

So - the youngest brother while his oldest brother was visiting Belgium - has the security codes for his brothers house - his brother owned a very expensive Porshe. He finds a junk yard whom has one close to what his brothers looked like - paid for it - had it towed to his brothers house and swaped out - a nearby friend allowed the joke to happen by storing the Porsche in his garage. When his brother got a call in Belgium that he had borrowed the car and had an accident he took a pic of the open garage door - he was advised to leave everything alone till he got home - end of the week comes by - brother comes home and had a difficult time identifying the remains and is MAH - some time went by till the neighbor drove up in his Porsche to unveil the joke.

These two fellas were a hoot and a total joy to be around - I heard stories of neighbors not putting up with pranks but these guys were ruthless and never stopped.

Figured in the midst of all this - you could use a laugh - it more funnier in person watching these two.

glassk

Tell you of a couple funny stories of two brother who lived NE of here in Atlanta area whom both bought houses next to each other in HOA's. Both bikers as well and the family was from Belgium - there were software mfg's.

One bother lived down the hill from his younger brother - the oldest had one of them big water balloon sling shots - when his bother came out of his house - all he saw was incoming ballons.

So - the youngest brother while his oldest brother was visiting Belgium - has the security codes for his brothers house - his brother owned a very expensive Porshe. He finds a junk yard whom has one close to what his brothers looked like - paid for it - had it towed to his brothers house and swaped out - a nearby friend allowed the joke to happen by storing the Porsche in his garage. When his brother got a call in Belgium that he had borrowed the car and had an accident he took a pic of the open garage door - he was advised to leave everything alone till he got home - end of the week comes by - brother comes home and had a difficult time identifying the remains and is MAH - some time went by till the neighbor drove up in his Porsche to unveil the joke.

These two fellas were a hoot and a total joy to be around - I heard stories of neighbors not putting up with pranks but these guys were ruthless and never stopped.

Figured in the midst of all this - you could use a laugh - it more funnier in person watching these two.
Over here in Smiths we can't do anything about a barking dog and that Boom boom of the radios, of course I have shot Fireworks day and night for a week straight along with a Chevy 350 and straight headers on a remote starter, it's pretty peaceful now that they know that I am not in the city limits and across the street is and I do have too much Time on my hands,...

I say we create MV communities. Only people with MV's can move in. It would be like the GA Rally just everyday on a smaller scale. I'm ready to move out of my HOA controlled neighborhood. I hide everything in the garage, fenced back yard, or my shed. I wouldn't mind helping work on neighbors MV's, grilling out in the driveway and enjoying life.

Al Harvey

I say we create MV communities. Only people with MV's can move in. It would be like the GA Rally just everyday on a smaller scale. I'm ready to move out of my HOA controlled neighborhood. I hide everything in the garage, fenced back yard, or my shed. I wouldn't mind helping work on neighbors MV's, grilling out in the driveway and enjoying life.
Just move up here. There's plenty of land and off road places and no HOA crap here. Well then again their is no real "neighborhoods" either. lol

Al Harvey

I was using the property for a garden and to store and work on the trucks, commenting on a prior post of if I improved the land, he plans to scalp it and plant bushes he says, which is going to get rid of what is keeping the water from washing away all the dirt at the top of the hill and flooding me.
That's just crazy. Wants to plant bushes when you have a garden there already. Sounds like he is one of those type neighbors who wants to control everything and doesn't want anyone around who does anything different then him.

zout

Ever notice when you find a piece of land away from everything in the middle of nowhere - someone wants to move next to you because they like the peace and solitude - then another - then another and then some knucklehead comes in and thinks ya all outta have some rules because they are use to being told what to do !!! - just saying.

Another Ahab

I say we create MV communities. Only people with MV's can move in.
I know what you're getting at, and I appreciate your point. But the world would be a mighty dull place if everybody thought the same.

In fact it was General Patton who said "If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking". And I always find a lot to admire in George S. Patton.

Last edited:

iatractor

My neighbors actually enjoy my deuce and water buffalo. I've become cheap entertainment for them because they noticed that when I start loading tools, nitrogen tanks, chains, and fuel tanks in the truck, some sort of vehicle (mostly with o.d. green pain or desert tan) comes to the ranch. They are still waiting for an m-60 to arrive.

I know what you're getting at, and I appreciate your point. But the world would be a mighty dull place if everybody thought the same.

In fact it was General Patton who said "If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking". And I always find a lot to admire in George S. Patton.
Not true! You still have to decide what vehicles you want and the color and style of your house. Rofl

Last edited:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel your pain. HOAs can be a pain in the but. I use to live in a neighborhood that had one so I moved . To play a little devil's advocate , you have to remember it takes all kinds of people and many move into these areas specifically for the rules.

hope you get everything worked out. Do you even know the guy?

kabar1

Don't get mad, get even. I have a Bell 206BIII Jet Ranger and live in a nice neighborhood in a private community. My house is at the edge of the subdivision and it ends with my back yard. I got crap from the HOA because I landed in the street Safely) in front of my house for about 3 minutes to pick up my wife instead of her driving to the airport 40 minutes away and to fly her to Gainsville GA for a family emergency. Got letters and phone calls. Purchase the 3 acres behind my home (Not in the sub division) and registered it as a Heliport. Now I fly in and out anytime I want. And I fly very slowly past the guy's house down the street who filed the complaint. He went bonkers and called the city. They told him TL. He has every right to land and take off anytime. Its an airport. Result, he moved, not us.
I called the court house and they said its a warranty deed that he somehow obtained from what was considered a easement from a bankrupt contractor. So should I leave the stuff on it or move it?

kabar1

Sounds pretty **** good!

zout

I am not an attorney nor practise law

Depends on how deep each of your pockets are for getting an legal local Attorney to help - that is where you are at.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No - but seeing as we are Ga Mafia - I have had my picture taken a time or two and have spoken with lawyers
I highly recommend you fellas rename it the Georgia Mafia. If you keep running around calling yourselves the Ga Mafia, I think you might have a nasty visit from some actual Mafia members who would like to have a word with you and your Ga friends.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks