• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Trip to Jack's Gov Surplus

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that's 1 of the 6 yards and is the main yard. Also, zoom out 1 notch, that yard continues past the top of the page. Once zoomed out, you can also see another yard, the one at the far right on the same side of the street.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Whoa, that is an awesome yard! Adam, we need to organize shipping your boxcar there to fill up on goodies. How many trucks can we fit on a flatcar? ;)

pfarber

I give the man his due credit for saving all that iron.

I hope they are willing to part out some CCKWs (not the rarer ones) cause other than Europe there is no real 'stash' of CCKW parts in the USA of this magnitude.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow:
I guess the US Government collection of Aircraft is not too far away the desert is a great place to store stuff you want to preserve. If you ever get an airial shot of the lots that would be really cool to look down on all 6 lots. Thanks for posting all these great photos really an nice post to ramble through.

davesgmc

Ok, guys your not seeing the true potential in the pics here! When your wife complains about you having too much stuff laying around, show her these, and tell her it COULD look like this!

Truely a beautiful collection of mil-veh.

Kaiserjeeps

I bought my 68 M715 from Jack about 6 years ago. I spent 2 days looking for the right one. I can see that he has cleaned up his yards a lot. He has also expanded big time!! When I was there, there were only 3 five acre lots chock full of stuff. Jack and Josh are great folks. I drove my M-truck home 1500 miles to Oregon and it was an awesome three day adventure. Through Jack I found that my truck was owned by the Smithsonian institute based at the Mt. Hopkins observatory south of Tucson. I was able to get a hold of the gentleman who was in charge of it and even obtained all the maintenance records for it. The trucks name was snowball. It was even in FJS magazine a while back. I sent Jack a copy of the mag with a thanks included. I have Done a ton of work to it and it's looking and running great.
Please tell Jack that Al from Oregon says hello and the truck is doing great.

redass73

Isnt that a MC-1 in the first two pics. there was a article in the the april 07 issue of MVM.. think David Doyle was the author. believe there was only like 70 ever built.. very cool.. love all of the pics.
thank
rick

Tx75Pinz

Besides all the neat trucks, it is mind boggling to me to think about the history those trcuks have been part of and the lives they have touched. Amazing.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure Chris, we could at least fill the boxcar with mules, M37s and jeeps. You could fit 3 deuces per flatcar if you were creative about it...

Seriously, that is some major OD iron! That is how some of the rarest pieces survive. Hidden away somewhere until someone can get it and restore it.

Thanks for sharing those great pics!

PaladinMan187

I want one of the jeeps he has there. They look too good to be true. I can't imagine what one costs. I don't know why either but I like the *BOX* cab thing you have in the 2nd row of the 3rd or 4th set of pics. I wonder what the hell it is. I could get in trouble in that place.

Midnight Rider

Wow, this guy must be rich to have this much property with that much stuff on it.

How in the heck do he get airplanes and helicopters from the government?

I'd love to spend a week walking through there looking at everything.

lelanddunne

i could spend a month just walking around the yards, crawling all over everthing, and i would never get lost, just follow the drool trail to find me.. wish we had something like that on the east coast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks