• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--DJFREEMA--Devin Freeman

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh crap. I was having such a wonderful Thanksgiving. Devin was one of my LEO brothers. My heart aches tonight for his family's loss. I know Devin will suffer no more as he takes his seat beside the Father but ........wow, 38. I will pray for the comfort, understanding and guidance for his family.

"Lord God, our blessed and Heavenly Father. I know that your will has been done and that you have recruited yet another angel. Father I ask that you dispatch a score of angels to help Devin's family to grieve and heal and to press on with the life you've planned. There are no mistakes in Your earthly plan, only misunderstanding by us mere mortals. Father we bow to Your will tonight on this Thanksgiving and we give thanks for the time that You have given us with Devin. I ask this in your Son's Holy and Matchless name, Amen"

mbehne

Will send prayers from Iowa for him and the family he left behind.

Even though I didn't know him, this hits close to home. I'm 38 myself, and just lost a high school friend to cancer yesterday. I know in my heart, God has a plan for us all now matter how hard it is.

Mike

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BarneysZoo just texted me the news. Fair winds and following seas shipmate. Prayers for a true hero and for his family.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stand down and rest easy. May God bless you and your family and give them solace during this difficult time.
star_white_blank.gifMemorial_Day_Art_American_Soldier_Salutes_Half_Mast_US_Flag-01.jpg
Devin Freeman, Dep. Sheriff, LASD, Final Roll Call and EOW 11-28-13

Barneyszoo

I am lucky enough to have one of the trucks Devin had a hand in building. I am very proud to have this one in my collection. Prayers to his family, wife, and 3 daughters. He was a great brother.

Attachments

998Junkie

Met Devin on plenty of Dirt Bags, his rig and his family were always tops and he was a humble gentleman and willing to give a newbie a hand.

I've seen way too many go before they should have. RIP Devin, their is place in my heart that will remember you and your family.

BarneysZoo do you have any information of memorial arrangements? I'd like to attend if possible.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I met Devin at one of the Rally's and I could tell he was a good guy. I only wish that we could have spent more time to get to know him better. RIP Devin.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope there is enough money in the Chaplins fund to send a card and some flowers. Chaplin?
Roger that Wreckerman.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, the SS Benevolence Fund is prepared. (sorry I've arrived late - Thanksgiving distractions)
Do we have contact info and/or mailing address - if so, will someone please PM to me. Thanks.
Anyone have a link to an Obituary?
Thanks.

-----

Heavenly Father,
We have lost a brother from this earthly family, yet we know You knew him even when he was in his mother's womb. Just as you know the number of hairs on each of our heads and every sparrow in the sky, we know You watch over us. We ask you now to look over those left behind who knew and loved Devin. Bring them comfort for their grief and hopeful peace for their emotions.
In Jesus name we pray.
AMEN!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Obituary published:

Memorial Service to be held Saturday, December 14th.

Recommended:
http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...vin-Freeman&lc=2241&pid=168310742&mid=5759760
Also see:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=168357592

The links above also have a GUEST BOOK links where you can post a tribute or read what others have posted.

***Please remember that these GUEST BOOKS are NOT an SS Forum - As a courtesy to his family and friends in general, you may need to write in a context that people outside the MV hobby can easily understand and have perspective.***

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump

(See Obituary link above)

Just a reminder for those who might want to be in prayer tomorrow (Saturday) as the Memorial Service is held for Devin Freeman - husband, father, Sheriff's Deputy and Steel Soldier. May the family be comforted and consoled.

AMEN.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks