• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--DJFREEMA--Devin Freeman

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just in case the place to be was missed...

Canyon High School, 19300 W. Nadal Street, Canyon Country, Ca. on Saturday, December 14, 2013 at 3:30 p.m.

See some of you there.

Will

998Junkie

Will and I meet up at the memorial today. I was planning on being home (20 miles away) for the memorial but I found myself in El Centro CA (290 miles). I'll post some more shots in the morning as I'm really tired.

Devin was a great guy as evidence of the urn his remains were placed in.

RIP Devin.

998Junkie

Here are a few more shots from the day the street was closed for only those honoring Devin.
2013-12-14 15.12.59.jpg
The entrance to the parking lot.
2013-12-14 15.12.18.jpg
Parking.
2013-12-14 15.10.53.jpg
Some steel soldiers.
2013-12-14 15.15.38.jpg
The entrance.
2013-12-14 15.17.12.jpg
The memorial.
2013-12-14 15.38.09.jpg

I was very honored to celebrate Devin's life with those who knew him and worked and played with him. I was only able to interact with him on a few DB trips but I think everyone here would have also been proud to have spent time with him and his family and friends.

Besides being a Steel Soldier, he was a devoted father and friend and a true public servant. Devin may not have known it but based on the very limit time I spent at the ceremony, he affected a great number of people.

I received word of Devin's passing while I was with my family celebrating thanksgiving and it really hit home how fragile our existence is and how thankful we all should be, everyday that we have together.

God speed Devin!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for attending and posting pics of the Memorial Service.

Yes, the SteelSoldiersBenevolenceFund sent a green plant adorned with a red,white, and blue ribbon with a note as our salute from ALL SS Members.

Thank you to those who help maintain that fund for this sort of tragedy.

May all who have been touched be sufficiently comforted and find peace and understanding.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks