• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--INSANEJECKE--Josh Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanejecke

*** Tragic Update in Post #17 ***

Ok a very few of you guys know I been going thro some hard time lately. But am just giving everyone here a head ups. I don't want you sorrow or anything just wanting you guys to know. So for the many people here that don't know Year 2013 has been out right the worse year in my life starting in February I lost my best friend to a horrible car crash and between then and now I have lost 8 family member's including my mother who I lost on mother days, She had a heart attack and it took EMS to long to get to her. And after waiting almost a week we were finaly told she was brain dead. Me and my borther had to make the chouse to unpluge her or not and that what hurts the most.SO. And I lost my ant a few weeks ago as well. I also got layed off in June. And still jobless not because am lazy and do go looking it. Its no one around here are hiring and they ones that are I don't have the proper paper work to show I know how to do the job ( welding, sandblasting, painting, etc.) And due to my mantel state my mirage in falling as well. My house was broken into and had a few guns stolen from me. so ye life has been hard on me but im hanging in there. And I wish no one will ever hafe to go thro this because its hard and hurtful.

But on the other hand is. I finally got my 816 running and SHE SOUNDS WONDERFUL.:tank: I will sooner or later get a video. Just need get her register and insured ( PS register (Recreational Vehicle) I can do with the 816. and state farm already approved her as well so just waiting on the cash for it. I have more tread plating to finish the other finder http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...ders&highlight= Am going to wait to get her home before I do it. And I finally call K&N http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...w-to&highlight= and yes it coved under warranty because I did not modify the filter just the housing and K&N make spacer ring for thing like that. Because its a universal filter. And I plan on adding a turbo to her and the top end of a NHC 290. I found one butI need the cash.

Other news my son turn 1 years old and I love him soon I will get pic of him in my truck.IMG_20131116_224940_582.jpg

So yes im hanging in there and I have a lot to hang in for manly my son I want him to have a farther growing up and am trying my hardest to be a farther

Last edited by a moderator:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guy,

Good of you to reach out to us. That's step one to feeling better about things, is to get it off your chest. My crap year was last year, same family losses for me in similar situations. Hang in there. Whatever you do, make your marriage work!! Even if it is just for your little boy. A part of what is dragging that down is being around the house too much. I know nothing about the job market in SC, but I can say we are blowing and going in TX. Companies are fighting over welder/painter/sandblasters for oilpatch manufacturing. Maybe a solution could be to take a job here for a while and bring momma later. All the major cities in TX have large numbers of SS members so you will never be far from a truck to work on during free time. Good luck!!!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hang in there and you will be the better for it. Everything has a reason and you will be that much better down the road in a better place. I will send some positive energy and prayers your way.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the shout out to us. Life is hard in the rough patches and while you are in the middle of it you can never tell when it will smooth out.

Check in with us once a week or so to give us updates on your progress.

Rick

zout

Mention to you right up front - I have no Clichies of life to spout off to you to try to make you feel better or feel like I have said something enlightening - which most folks do to make them feel better like they have tried to help in some way.

What I can tell you is what I know for a fact - you can try to do the best you can and you will always fall short - meaning you can do
99.99999% but that last % is only given by GOD. He is the one - He is the only one that can give you comfort in times of need and guidance for yourself - He made you so who would know the best.

It not religious - its just a fact of life & hopefully you not ignore it.

Will pray you can find work as well and for the latter.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When the things in life seem so rotten the Bible's story of Job often comes to mind. Trust in God's love and provision and you're going to make it just fine, brother!

Our prayers are with you that you be blessed in all ways, always!

AMEN.

Another Ahab

Throwing in my share to see you through, insanejecke. Prayer is powerful medicine, and if you will believe in yourself and your family as strong as we are believing in you, good will come of it. No one but the Father knows the day or the hour, but good will come. You are in my prayers.

plumkrazy

I have to agree with NDT 1000% regarding the job openings in Texas. If you have your CDL, then just driving a water truck ( fresh or salt) out in the oil fields, you can make the low 6 figures. There is a Big Tex Trailer plant in Odessa right on I-20. Since I drove past the plant 5 times a week before I retired, I would 'window shop' their yard as I passed by twice a night. This was about 8 years ago. Within 2 to 3 years later, I noticed that their yard was full to the max with trailers of all types, but the paint and fabrication shops looked to be shut down. Well come to find out, Big Tex had to bring stock in from another plant out east. The reason is the oilfield was outbidding all other employers to fill openings in the oilfield. Big Tex could not keep welders, painters, or metal workers at their plant. A room at Motel 6 was going for $89.99 a night. I retired from Big Brown 4 yrs. ago but things are still going crazy out there. If Texas is not to your liking then western N. Dakota and eastern Montana are doing the same thing.

And yes, circle your wagons around your wife and family. Do what is right no matter how easy it would be to do the opposite. Just know that others will send prayers and good energy your way. Stay active and keep yourself busy. This will make you stronger. Go help out at a hospital, Salvation Army, Veteran organization, or a local vet. Just a few examples that will give more to you than what you have given to others. Peace to you and yours at this difficult time.

insanejecke

well like I said just keep getting kicked down...

Woke up this morning to fine out I was ROBED again... what was stolen... get this over 5k worth of guns my AKs, a Russian RPK with true Russian top loading 75 round RPK mags worth over 400 ea not the cheap Chinese crap and I had 5., and a few shotguns.

Last time I got robed they also sold a few gun but none of the goods one because at that time I had the good ones with me at a friends working on them. But because they knew were I keep them this time with out telling anyone I boxed them all up and hid them in my shop. and had a nice master pad locks on the door.

I woke up had a cup of coffee and saw the door open went out there looked around they did not touch anything other then the guns. I have all kinds of truck parts brand new off road LEDs, tools. They did not mess with any of that. I don't know how they would have any clue I had them hidden out there unless someone is watching me idk people I mean what gives. The cops show up really fast after I told them what was stolen over the phone. but I know that wont get them back. They did not fine anything that could help. So I just don't know anymore.

Another Ahab

D***, D***, D***. It's like a kick in the teeth. I wish I had something to boost you with right now, but all I can give you is my support. D***.

wow, that sucks man! I also wish I could offer some story to give you hope, but I'm not a good story teller.
In tough situations the only thing I know to do is cry out to Jesus. He knows the situation and exactly what you need. Stay in there brother, we are praying for you!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Telling someone it's only material things is okay and really they are just possessions but it sucks to get robbed. It isn't so much what they take it is the fact that the scum sucking vermin violated your space.

Take care.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I regret to inform the SteelSoldiers community that Josh Duncan (insanejecke) died earlier today. Things had become even more difficult that what he had said in his last post here and he reached the end of his rope. Apparently he wanted to go out in a suicide-by-cop, but wound up putting the gun to his head and pulling the trigger. He is survived by his wife and infant child and the 816 wrecker he was restoring. Here is a link to the story >
http://www.wistv.com/story/24527798/jewelry-store-robbery-ends-in-shooting-of-suspect I have a phone number for one of his co-workers but will only PM it to those who ask. Our local club is passing the hat.

TMNT

That's terrible. I've read through some of this thread in recent times and Josh was obviously going through some difficult times. Suicide is such a tragic way to go. I feel for his wife, child and other family and friends. I wish he had been able to reach for, and then accept the help of friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks