• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--INSANEJECKE--Josh Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a horrific chain of events has occurred in this family. What's done is done but we need to be on our knees in prayer to lift up the remaining members of this broken and hurting family.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How awful. I could tell he was reaching the end of his ability to cope. I was really hoping this forum could help him with ideas about what to do to pull himself out of the rut.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
Thank you for bringing this news, sad as it may be, to the brotherhood of Steel Soldiers.
I'm sure I speak for all of us in saying that ....

"When one part suffers, we all suffer. When one part rejoices, we all rejoice."

We are cut to the core that a fellow Member has fallen in this way. Our hearts and prayers go out for his family and those who knew and love Josh. Our Father in Heaven knows Josh as He knows us all, and is ever so aware of the demons that tormented him before his death. Our God is all-knowing and lovingly forgiving and we pray His mercy in all things.

Mike... and everyone else... you know how to reach me if you need me. PM me if you need to add my personal contact info to your phones. I may not have the answers, but NO ONE needs to go through the difficulties of life alone. Let's face these challenges in numbers - - - NEVER alone.

John

3dAngus

Evidently the burdens were to heavy to bear. That sucks.
No one should ever have to shoulder so much pain, but to do so, and all of it in a year, could be enough to wear down the strongest of men.

God Bless the wife and child. What a horrible tragedy.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry he felt he had no options other than SBC, but the one who suffers the most will be his son. In retrospect, his first post was a real cry for help, but probably like most who read it, I thought it was only a need to vent. I wish we could have seen it for what it was and pointed him to some help.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will pray for him and hope his family get the strength to move forward.

For those who wronged this young man, They will eventually have to answer to a greater power.

WRMorrison

Wow... I read the first 5 or 6 posts but didn't notice the posting dates, and just dismissed the thread as someone needing to vent their burdens. I thought maybe the "SS member that passed away" could have been his mother or something. I came back to the thread after some new posts were made and read the latest posts to find out what happened recently.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family as well; I can't imagine losing a loved one like that. I won't say what I think of his choice out of respect for the deceased, but I am truly sorry that he thought this was the best course of action. I've never understood suicide, but I guess no one really does unless they've been put in the same situations. I've had my share of "life", but the thought of suicide has NEVER crossed my mind.

Not only did his boy get the short end of the stick by not getting to have his dad around, but the rest of the family has to deal with the loss of a loved one...made more tragic simply by the circumstances in which it happened. ****, even the jewelry store clerk is probably traumatized by what he had to experience/witness.

Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends...what a loss.

-WRM

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More info can be found by doing a Google search for "Josh Duncan, Sumter”. A real sad way to get his 15 minutes of 'fame'. His step father runs Baileys Auto Repair and Towing Service, in Sumter, SC. Funeral plans to be announced.

Another Ahab

More info can be found by doing a Google search for "Josh Duncan, Sumter”. A real sad way to get his 15 minutes of 'fame'. His step father runs Baileys Auto Repair and Towing Service, in Sumter, SC. Funeral plans to be announced.
Sumter. It's tragically ironic:

- Home of a First shot

- And now, home of a Last shot.

Sad. Josh Duncan, Requiescat in Pace.

Encouraging anyone so inclined to consider joining in the hat being passed around by G4's local group.

It's the Living that need our help. There is a wife, alone now. And a baby child.

So sad.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I guess there are few among us that have never hit a point so low that we thought about prematurely terminating our life force. I had not seen this post before and was unaware of what was going on with our brother member.
I'm sure there are a lot of folks that knew him personally that are wondering of there was something they could do that would have prevented what happened.
Sometimes there is just nothing you can do even if you try.
I ask our Chaplain John that if there is any money in the "Flower and Cup fund" that some be allocated to send to the family in their time of need. Maybe a small floral arrangement if appropriate.

Triple C

This is, by all accounts a tragic situation but it is important to remember that suicide is not the product of a healthy mind and God does not punish us for being ill in the mind any more than he does for being ill in the stomach. One can not rationally understand the irrational, the best we can do is reach out to the widow with whatever means we have. I have worked with a number of survivors left behind, just putting one foot in front of the other is the best that can be expected. The challenge for all involved parties is to realize there is NO way to understand, that is a futile effort - it is what it is. Turn it over to God and give thanks we have a Lord who will take it on for us.

Another Ahab

Sometimes there is just nothing you can do even if you try.
I ask our Chaplain John that if there is any money in the "Flower and Cup fund" that some be allocated to send to the family in their time of need. Maybe a small floral arrangement if appropriate.
And if that fund ever needs a little sweetener, please let us all know.

jedawson1

Mr. Duncan could just have easily shot and killed both of the jewelry store employees. He had a good heart or it would have ended with more dead than just himself.

My wife and I are having issues with a big box cable company here locally and she looked right at me and said I can see why people loose it. This world has a way of wearing people down, my condolences to the family.

Gods instructs us to care for the widows and the orphans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks