• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--INSANEJECKE--Josh Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our Chaplin always accepts donations.

I think he has a link in his sig line.

I would guess you can note where you want this to go(specifically).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the paypal and/or email address for the chaplin's benevolince fund. SSBenevolenceFund@Suddenlink.net

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Beneveolence Fund:
Yes, any and all donations received as designated for Josh's widow and child will indeed go 100% to them. (As always, undesignated funds are held/used for those unspecified events that don't generate mass donations) Please include "JOSH DUNCAN" on your contributions if that is your desired beneficiary.

Thank you all for your continued support of the fund. Yes, the General Fund can always use "sweetening" and we trust the Lord for His provision - we have seldom had to ask for the hat to be passed without a specifically targeted need mentioned.

Flowers or support donation was already planned for Josh's family from the general fund since Mike and I had not initiated a drive for this since Mike had already mentioned a local collection kitty.... Mike, would it be best to simply forward SSBF Funds to your collection???

Eric/doghead is correct - the PayPal account is SSBenevolenceFund@SuddenLink.net and can always be found in my signature line if you misplace it. The fund is always open as a "card & flower fund" with occasional "special projects" as deemed worthy (and fully verified to preclude abuse). 100% of ALL donations stay within the fund. All overhead, bank/money order fees, postage, etc. is covered by the support of a separate anonymous benefactor. All donor information is kept confidential. All beneficiaries are screened/approved by an ad hoc committee of trusted SS Members consulted on an as-needed basis - again for the integrity of the fund. May ALL who support those in special circumstances be blessed in all ways, always.

Those who do not use PayPal can find my mailing address for check/money order donations by following the link in my signature line. Please don't let your PayPal-proofing hinder your participation.

Thank you to those who have already responded with designated donations for Josh's family.

John.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joshua Duncan's obituary

The following is Josh's obituary...

Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:00 am Joshua G. Duncan
Joshua Glenn Duncan, 24, husband of Brittany Pate Duncan, died Thursday, Jan. 23, 2014.
Born, Dec. 14, 1989, in Newberry, he was a son of Glenn D. Duncan and the late Julie Abney Bailey. He was formerly employed by Evans Trailers.

Survivors include his wife of Sumter; father and stepmother, Rae Ann Duncan of Whitmire; stepfather, Bubba Bailey of Sumter; a son, Joshua Bruce “J.B.” Duncan; three brothers, Justin Mathis of Sumter, Christopher Keller of Laurens and Joel W. Sweat Jr. of Greenville; a sister, Brandy Atkins of Travelers Rest; grandparents, Joyce King of Whitmire and Thomas and Jean Mathis of Summerton; and step-father, Thomas Mathis III.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday in the Elmore-Cannon-Stephens Funeral Home chapel with the Rev. Mark Barnette officiating. Burial will be in the Evergreen Memorial Park Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Joel “J.J.” Sweat, Israel Rhodes, Justin Pack, Jessie Hein, John Bochette and Jaka Allen.
The family will receive friends from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Elmore-Cannon-Stephens Funeral Home and other times at the home.
Memorials may be made to the family, 204 Vernon Drive, Sumter, SC 29150.
Elmore-Cannon-Stephens Funeral Home and Crematorium of Sumter is in charge of the arrangements.

Link: http://www.theitem.com/obituaries/joshua-g-duncan/article_5ecc9b48-8540-11e3-b095-001a4bcf887a.html

Since the obit specifically asks that memorials be sent to the family, please feel free to send yours directly to them if you so desire. (The SSBF is still an option if you'd prefer.)
Repeating the address:
Memorials may be made to the family, 204 Vernon Drive, Sumter, SC 29150.
Respecting their wishes, any contributions to the SSBF will be sent with a card from the SS to the family in-lieu-of flowers.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,
The Chaplain's benevolent fund is probably the best way for members here to do something. Those that send funds to me will also be passed on to the family. We will have people both at the visitation and the funeral, representing both SteelSoldiers and the Military Vehicle Collectors of South Carolina.

Another Ahab

John,
The Chaplain's benevolent fund is probably the best way for members here to do something. Those that send funds to me will also be passed on to the family. We will have people both at the visitation and the funeral, representing both SteelSoldiers and the Military Vehicle Collectors of South Carolina.
Thank you for standing the duty. Godspeed.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,
Mike,
Thanks. I'm glad to handle the funds. Thank you and the others for attending the services and representing the Steel Soldiers.

To all who have PayPal'd contributions, you know who you are:
Your big hearts are obvious no matter the size of the gift. We are indeed one big family.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back in from the visitation. Funeral home location is 551 Miller Rd, across from the YMCA, and about half a mile off Broad St. Viewing was nice, lots of people there, he looked peaceful. They have a uncle that will be buying the wrecker to keep it in the family as soon as the uncle gets back from the sand box. Brittany said it was important to have a picture of J.B. (their son) behind the wheel of the wrecker.

Kloakndagr

So sad, I don't even know where to begin. I know some people cope with life's ups and downs better than some, some have friends and family, and some see suicide as a way to end the pain. I feel terrible for the family and friends left behind. I've seen and experienced the loss personally, and been down that road myself if it wasn't for some higher power I was able to get past it. I've had cop friends who couldn't, I wore a badge for 17 years. Not gonna preach, but I hope some peace and understanding can come to his family. Again, to the family, I am so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks