• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your H45 heater setups

Wire Fox

Mine are all still in the shipping boxes that they were put in when they were manufactured. Seems nobody wants these things anymore.
Sad! But they're large and awkward for use in anything but a field tent. And even then, most people want a wood-fired stove in order to just use locally-sourced fuel instead of buying liquid fuel from not much farther away... I'm intending to build a semi-permanent stack assembly for use during the cooler months on my covered back porch. Basically will be an appropriately-rated wall panel and thimble pass-through, and an angled chimney pipe to pass through. Should make a ton of heat so that I can enjoy my porch all year!

I'm also working on making a liquid heat exchange system to safely use the stack heat to heat "anything else" without worrying about a special chimney stack, stove jack, or anything of that nature...just setup the heater outside, place the heater core inside the vehicle, tent, or small structure, and hook up the pumps/fans to a 12V power source and you're then good to go with a much lower safety risk. Half the parts should be sitting on my front porch now, and the rest are all to be locally sourced from Napa and Lowes... I will definitely share some pictures if it ends up working well!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you plan on ever camping, look into a zodi shower system. It uses a nice battery powered sump pump that would work for a heat exchanger pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks