• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what do you think?

Jake907

There is an old deuce down the road from me, and the other day I was talking to the owner, mentioned I would like to talk about buying if he ever wanted to sell, he surprised me by saying he would like to part with it and for a measly $1500.

Some details:
  • Early '70s Deuce and a half ('72 I think?)
  • Some body cancer on cab (spent several years on the coast)
  • Brakes are somewhat "weak" (maybe y'all know about that too?)
  • Everything works still
  • Tires and winch cable still good
  • I think he said it had an AM General engine, naturally aspirated
  • original 9.00 tires
  • 15' flatbed with headache rack

I want to make a bobbed deuce to use for hunting, hauling firewood, and general work around the house. I would love to have a newer truck with a turbo and less problems. But at the same time, if what he says checks out, then it would be a killer deal I think. But, not being familiar with these trucks I don't know how big of a deal it will be to fix the brakes, and I don't know how much better the newer turbo charged trucks perform than the older ones.

So if anyone has advice or pointers about this particular deal or about deuces in general I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I'll try to post a picture later and any other details that I learn after I look it over

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

You resurrected an old thread & the guy may not even be on the board anymore. That said, members probably want to know what happened to the deal in question. I hate to see the old trucks go to the scrappers, unless they have been involved in a major fire event.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks