• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vic-1 alternative, link fixed

M1075

MC-

Those look like a great setup. I have been wanting to go to headsets on the fire trucks for quite some time, but here is my dilemna: I think I want a system to do too much. Maybe somebody out there can make some recommendations.

I am looking for something I can use for intercom, 2-way radio, and possibly cell phone. I don't necessarily need intercom in the cab, but if somebody gets out or on the back, wireless headsets would be a great help and safe too! The 2-way VHF radio is our primary comm system, but we frequently rely on the cell phones when the radio traffic gets too hectic. Can all these features be incorporated into one system? Any ideas? I know David Clark is the main brand of headsets used in aviation and many vehicles, but Bose is coming on strong.

Lee Alessi

sordin and peltor and otto have headsets that use either of these
1) bluetooth. this allows wireless commnunication with bluetooth phones, and devices
2) fm radio, which are the ones i use
3) family radio service (motorola talkabouts)

the current issue # 2 and #3 are >250, more like 400+ EACH. these DO allow use of a cell phone patch cord which some are simplex (vs duplex, which a phone is) communication, or push to talk, some are duplex

at some point i would like to be able to utilize the cell phone on mine. i may buy a #2 fo me, which should still work with the other 2.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mcinfantry, so it works pretty good eh? If you get your buddies to get one they're pretty good in a short convoy or from vehicle to vehicle. Do these have a jack to pipe in a walkman or the like?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks