• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knuckle Boom Crane on M35A2C

DZelmer

These are the rest of the pictures i have. If more are needed i will have to get them when its not covered in snow.20220605_233737.jpg

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
These are the rest of the pictures i have. If more are needed i will have to get them when its not covered in snow.View attachment 914694
Well... It isn't a Hiab 750. I would bet that it is a Hiab though... When the snow clears, maybe on the back of the boom?
There should be a plate (ID Plate) on there.

Looking at the outrigger, it seems like the parts would be interchangeable.
Heck, for that matter if you can get the old packing back into the cylinder and if the screw-on cap will re-thread onto the threads you might be "fixed". Was the oil white like that before it hit the ground? Like it was contaminated with water?

DZelmer

Well... It isn't a Hiab 750. I would bet that it is a Hiab though... When the snow clears, maybe on the back of the boom?
There should be a plate (ID Plate) on there.

Looking at the outrigger, it seems like the parts would be interchangeable.
Heck, for that matter if you can get the old packing back into the cylinder and if the screw-on cap will re-thread onto the threads you might be "fixed". Was the oil white like that before it hit the ground? Like it was contaminated with water?

Ya there is plenty of water with the oil i ran it through a centrifuge once but its hard to get all the water out with out draining all the cyl. When i gotnthe rig i drained over 5 gallons of water out of the oil tank before i even got oil. At some point some one chooped the filter and or suction strainer apart in the tank also...found that hack job when i cleaned all the trash out of the bottom of the tank.
Unfortunately my buddy slid it sideways some how with the downriggers down and it blew the cap in to 3 pieces.... only found 2 of them....the cap is cast aluminum...which i find odd but it is what it is. Hopefully i can find one or worst case have one machined if absolutely necessary.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any “good” hydraulic shop should be able to handle this repair without knowing what it came off of. With machining a new cap it wont be cheap though, even if the rod or tube is not bent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks