• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M Gator A1

Zeke

We have a couple A1 M-Gators we acquired. Looking for good manuals, parts department and such. One is in great shape we are using. The other has a bad fuel pump.....currently looking for donors and or best solutions.

Zeke

I have two units. One is great. The other needs work. Fuel pump is shot and likely the injectors. Looking for parts, O&M, Parts manual, repair manual, seats, cab, heater........

Madmedic

Unfortunately, the only source we have found in rebuilding our M-Gators, was John Deere it'self. Haven't found any kind of after market or used parts sources.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an opportunity to buy a few of the 2005 model A1 M Gators. probably one or two that would run with very little effort and a couple that would be parts only. My question is what are these worth running and driving? are they worth putting money and effort into? or is it just a labor of love thing where you just spend the money because you want one.

Madmedic

You are asking questions that been asked by everyone on this website who ever owned or owns a Military Vehicle. The M-Gators are obviously worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for them. I would hazard a guess that it would be difficult to find a collector who would want to pay more than 8k-10k for one fully restored. Having said that, between the two that we own, we have much more than that into them. So in our case, it has definitely been a labor of love, and the ability to say we have something that not many other people have within the community.

mdainsd

M-gators are new to me. But a few just fell into my lap so I'll fool with them. In less than an hour I had three up and running. Another was missing enough pieces that I just rendered it for parts.
I am looking for the front tray or rack or whatever it is called if anyone has an extra.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have a couple A1 M-Gators we acquired. Looking for good manuals, parts department and such. One is in great shape we are using. The other has a bad fuel pump.....currently looking for donors and or best solutions.
I dug around and found a source if you want a copy of the manual: omuc16259 - M-Gator™ A1 Utility Vehicle

https://techpubs.deere.com/Products/ProductSearch.aspx

Search "M gator" in both "model number" and "keyword" boxes and there it is (English). Just check your serials first!! I also don't see any difference in these A-1 Gator manuals than the regular 4x6 TH manuals. :shrugs: Just the typical "don't do stupid s*&%" and change the fluids regularly.

I may be able to acquire a basic manual for those who ask (no promises). I can also source parts as long as they're not under contract to Fed/State agencies only.
I have an opportunity to buy a few of the 2005 model A1 M Gators. probably one or two that would run with very little effort and a couple that would be parts only. My question is what are these worth running and driving? are they worth putting money and effort into? or is it just a labor of love thing where you just spend the money because you want one.
I'll toss my hat into the ring as I work for JD and do quite a bit of Gator work. The "M-Gator" (early gen A1) are basically an off the shelf gator with accessories and a paint job. There are a few part differences but most are straight off the regular production line. If it wasn't for that you couldn't tell one from a regulator gator. Do I think they're cool? Absolutely. Are they an MV? Technically yes! What are they worth? What ever someone will pay. I've seen a few listed for $10,999 in excellent condition and not sell so...yeah. A used 4x2 (gas) in decent shape is about $2500-4500. A used 4x6 (gas) in decent shape is still $5-10K on the civilian market but a new one is $12K+ (but the warranty is worth it if you plan on using it more than to just get mail). Really, if you can part one out to save 3 then you're in good shape (like mdainsd below) but it's overly expensive to bring one back from the grave unless money is no option.
M-gators are new to me. But a few just fell into my lap so I'll fool with them. In less than an hour I had three up and running. Another was missing enough pieces that I just rendered it for parts.
I am looking for the front tray or rack or whatever it is called if anyone has an extra.
If you can find a part number that works I can look it up in the JD system. PM me.

mdainsd

PM sent, thanks.

I think I'll sell a couple of these off, I only need one, so only need one front tray. Looks like for a touch over 1,000 dollars (each) they can be treated to a full service, new battery, new tires all around and new plastic to freshen them up.

Last edited:

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for your input Fuzzy, I still haven't decided if I'm going to pull the trigger on these 5. I understand the MV world, I'm not looking to make money on these, just don't know enough about them to make a informed decision. They sure are cool though. Thanks again

Zeke

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc-services/v1/image/getAttachment/Military%206X4%20Gator%20(A1)%20Utility%20Vehicle% 20(M-GATOR)%3A%20Introduction?a=1138&br=0&locale=en-US

I am in need of a fuel pump for my M-Gator. Yanmar #719534-51350,Please advise

mdainsd

A good weekend! Got all the Gators rounded up and brought home. Got all but one fired up, The last one had a stuck engine, but it came loose with some work and cranks over, haven't started it yet as the fuel tank and hoses were out and in the bed. Two different VIN types, one starts with MOM the others with WOM. Only difference in the machines I have found is the M ones have the turf type tires on 8 and 9 inch rims and the W models have Goodyear Tracker run flats (?) all on 10 inch rims. Nice to see that the machines all have the wiring for the Blackout lights all neatly bundled up under the dash ready to run out and add the lights. One has winch wiring and control under the nose. Pretty darn happy so far. One of the Ms is about ready to go to the next MV meet. New tires and seats and new plastic has arrived, will install this week. New batteries installed. Shined up like a new penny!

mdainsd

Now I know what the term "up to my armpits in gators" means, LOL. Keeping me busy sorting them out and getting them ready to sell off. Thanks to member "florty" for helping out with some parts (great guy to work with). Still looking for some parts, particularly would like to find some of the "kits" that were available like the turn signal and B.O. lighting kits.

I have had a number of Military vehicles and these little guys are the bomb for around my place. Made short work of hauling several tons of eucalyptus wood from one side of the property to the other. And with a ball hitch on the front they make great trailer tugs.

Zeke

Anyone have these manuals?
Publications for Model 'M-Gator™ A1 (Diesel) Gator? Utility Vehicles (N.A.) BASE UNIT'
Following is a listing of all publications matching the search criteria. Publications available in electronic format are indicated by a hyperlinked Part Number. Visit the John Deere Technical Information Store to purchase Operator's Manuals, Parts Catalogs, Technical Manuals, and other publications that are not available in electronic format.
Publication TypePart NumberTitleLanguage
Operator's ManualOMM157466M-Gator™ A1
North American Edition (010001-060000)
English
Parts CatalogPC9603M-Gator (A1) / (A1-K) (s.n. 040001 - ) Engine: 3TNV70, 3TNV74English
Technical ManualTM138319M-Gator (A1) Utility Vehicles
Worldwide Edition (010001-)
English
Parts Catalog CD-ROMPC9603CDM-Gator (A1) / (A1-K) (s.n. 040001 -) Engine: 3TNV70, 3TNV74English
Technical Manual CD-ROMTM138319CDM-Gator (A1) Utility Vehicles
Worldwide Edition (010001-)
English
Operators Manual CD-ROMOMM157466CDM-Gator™ A1
North American Edition (010001-060000)
English

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks