• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steps to remove CTIS on the M923a2

maxtor

Ok,, I have looked and looked at past search threads on the CTIS, but have not found a step by step procedure on how to remove the CTIS. If anyone posted this, I can not find it.
Any help would be appreciated.

dikwks

Subscribed! Some specifics with regard to what people have used to plug the hole in the hub would be great. My923A2 showed up three days ago with beat up hub connections.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
IMG_4688.jpgIMG_4687.jpgWhen I swapped out the axle on my M923 I plugged the holes on the axles with fittings I got from a hydraulic shop. I plugged the line that went from the box on the frame and called it good. The other two axles are still plumbed but I'll disconnect and plug them them as I get to it.

AZWALKER

I was hoping to avoid this last step. My ctis works in all three modes. Problem is the pressure is to low in highway.
60 psi not enough as I am getting outside tread wear on front tires. Plate on dash reads 80 psi for front 65 psi on back
four. I have super 20’s. Why did the manufacture set 60 when the army's designated psi is 80?
I’ve inquired if the ctis can be encreased no one seams to know.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated. AZWALKER (Bob)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I was hoping to avoid this last step. My ctis works in all three modes. Problem is the pressure is to low in highway.
60 psi not enough as I am getting outside tread wear on front tires. Plate on dash reads 80 psi for front 65 psi on back
four. I have super 20’s. Why did the manufacture set 60 when the army's designated psi is 80?
What does the label on the back of your ECM say for the PSI rating? There are different ECMs have different rating. Or upgrade the transducer.

Attachments

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's no way the CTIS can inflate the front and rear to different pressures. Something's screwy with your plate.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somethings wrong. I've ran 14.00 super singles thousands of miles at 55-60psi without asymmetric wear.

Your asymmetric wear is from a different cause.

Your psi stencils were put on at the unit level, and are intended for the A0 trucks with G177s. Mistakenly put on your A2 truck.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you have Goodyear AT2s then something in your front end is off causing the outside edge to wear. Cupping is usually due to front shocks. I've got a truck with AT2s and if i towbar it the outside edges of the tires get eaten up and it doesn't follow for crap either. I havent dove off into it yet to figure out the issue yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks