• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric pump for plow (what battery should be used )

i have a electric pump i hooked up to supply fluid to the valve control of a fisher plow. this is a low budget hookup but every thing works good.i use this for my own drive way. i have the power cable to the battery close to the radiator. would i be better off to put it on the battery close to the cab. this is a 12 volt pump. i know its not the correct way but i worked with what i had.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front battery only.

Scroll down and read some of the similar threads that you should have found when you searched before posting.

Last edited:
I only have the one cable going to the battery up front. the rest is self contained in the electric pump. now my volt meter reads right on the green yellow line. i disconnected both battery's and fully charged them. the same thing right on the line. dont know what i could have done to mess it up. gen 1 or gen 2 lights are not on.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without a dedicated pump motor ground, you are adding load to the stock ground wire.

I'd clean and check it, to start with. You may have burned it out(terminal end)?

Post a pic of the pump unit, maybe we can identify what it is and better help you.

Old Iron

Looks like a monarch unit. Run 12 volts positive from front battery. It looks like the pump is just mounted on inner fender. You need a better ground. Hook up another batt cable from the pump body to either a solid metal (frame,engine) or just hook it up to negative post on front battery and you'll be good to go. I've got two years on a cucv with the same set up and no issues. And that one is used for commercial plowing.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any update?

sorry so long getting back to you. i havent had the time to pull all the wires and check to make sure they are all clean. i also can need alt 1 tested. it was 18 below this morning when i left for work this morning. supposed to warm up mid week. i will see if it does. i have been charging the battery to keep it going to plow with

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks