• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TRI AN/PRC-152 UHF VHF Radio , knock off of Harris Felcon III

brndnstffrd

I did some looking around for them and i have to say, they are really cool looking. I was able to find a preorder form for them, but the preorder is full so they arent accepting more preorders yet, but it gives an idea on the pricing. For the desktop model, prices were $580 and for the manpack model, which came with an antenna and battery and some other stuff was $680. At first i was thinking that it was probably one of the typical chinese knockoff ham radios that they put into a different case, which would make those prices seem a little steep, but it is supposedly waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof.

Here is the link that i found with some pictures of it:
http://blog.airsoftcommunity.de/monda-int-tri-prc-117g-availabe-pre-order

papakb

There's a mention of a vehicle mount for the Tri radios, does anyone know of a link directly to their website to find out if they have one?

Thanks

KG6KMJ

digitaldust

I beta tested the prc152 by tri. It worked for a little wile great on uhf ham poo on vhf. Also antenna and mismatched audio accessories such as handsets and speaker mics all need modification or you must pay the high dollar in order to get a already modded for pay a high dollar to mod the radio to work with standard surplus equipment also computer programming is unlikely due to how secretive they are regarding the circuit board layout and pin out of the connector which should only need three wires similar to Motorola programming

digitaldust

I have yet to see the radios work on VHF ham , however there 70CM is good, also the radio power and RF safety calculations leave a lot to be desired.
I have a FT897d. full HF to UHF very low power to 100 watts on some bands. however its a soft radio easy to damage.,, the PRC's are hard to program as there based on UV50 and UV58 radio chipsets , menus area same and you must do a large flowchart to make a repeater lock , or even setup CTCSS tone
just my testing , I have yet to test the PRC117 , I did a review on 152, I was not at all impressed with it.

digitaldust

who has the TRI radios ?? 117 or 152 out here

are you a ham ?

how is it working

what antenna are you using

did you mod the radio 6 pin for the 1k Ohm match for real military handsets

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the TRI AN/PRC-152 UV IPX7 works very well and as for the programing it's not bad I bought the hand Microhone for it and work just fine and they put a resistor on wire PIN A & E the blade antenna works very well as a test on vhf & uhf
as for the TRI AN/PRC-117G UV this radio is works very well and hard to get them due to high sales of them I just bought my 2nd one and waiting for it to be shipped out also I bought the VRC-103 Shock Mount to mount in my CUCV.
as for the TWO radios able to talk to each other well it gets the job done, also the AN/PRC-117G works with all of the Mil
accessories and tried it with every thing and all works with it.
So the TRI AN/PRC-117G is it my choice for all out comms as for the TRI AN/PRC-152-UV make shure you get options IPX7 and in the news on the prc-152 they are going to incorporate a GPS and updating it circuit board to be more like the 117 and alot easier to program it PRC-152 programming Cable it took awhile to get to work but the radio uses BAOJIE UV88 software and it is a PITA if you get a genuine TRI AN/PRC-152 UV IPX7 and the AN/PRC-117G UV these radios work very well one radio o bought through on a popular auction site that every one knows it and i wont buy from them again.
I went right to the distributor who sell them out right.
I gave all this info to Digitdust a few monts back and contact info how to be able to obtained them Directly.
Monda International is main Distributor for TRI for these Radios.
and PX Airsoft is also sell genuine TRI products.
When I Get some time to post some photos of both 117 & 152 next week.
Till Then
25U5O SGT C.E. Troutt out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks