• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'81 Carb kit..Any assistance?

Vlad308

I know this has been touched on before but Im trying to locate a rebuild kit for my Carter but the info tag is missing off the unit. Would there be any chance of getting a correct ID without it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you are not broke down on the side of the road I changed the title.

Picture work wonders. Is this is a M880 series truck you are working on?

dtracy22

parts stores can look it up by year and by carb type. Assuming its a 318 with a carter BBD. They could just get you a kit that covers your year for a BBD. Carb kits generally cover many years or the whole production run of a carb model. You don't have to be specific with the number on the tag.

michigandon

What dtracy said. A BBD is a BBD, for the most part. They didn't really change much throughout the years except for the addition of smog ports.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks