• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from North GA .. m944a1 newbie !!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site. You'll find a number of members here in Georgia. Is this a auction win or private sale? You'll want to make sure it's road worthy if you're planning on driving it home.

As to manuals. We've got them here. Up top of every page is the "Technical Manuals" link.

Root of the 5 ton manuals are here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?115-5-ton-and-up-TMs

The root has several posts with the latest and greatest TMs.

The older TM's for them are here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?79228-TM-s-for-the-939-series-trucks

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Steel Soldiers has a lot of good guys and a lot of good information. I'm in Hiawassee, almost a neighbor. A lot of guys up here have MVs. Where are you picking the truck up from? Make sure you check out the brakes really good, the most important part of the truck.

auctionaddict

Welcome to the site. Steel Soldiers has a lot of good guys and a lot of good information. I'm in Hiawassee, almost a neighbor. A lot of guys up here have MVs. Where are you picking the truck up from? Make sure you check out the brakes really good, the most important part of the truck.
Bought it from auction gov liq. today.
Its in Fort Polk, LA

Im going to roll the dice and try to drive her home, I cant afford the shipping quotes ive been getting (2200-2600).
It starts and drives but I need at least 1 tire before its roadworthy. I am going to take my tools and get her off the base and try to go over it real good and take my time getting back.

Thanks for the welcome !!

auctionaddict

Welcome to the site. You'll find a number of members here in Georgia. Is this a auction win or private sale? You'll want to make sure it's road worthy if you're planning on driving it home.

As to manuals. We've got them here. Up top of every page is the "Technical Manuals" link.

Root of the 5 ton manuals are here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?115-5-ton-and-up-TMs

The root has several posts with the latest and greatest TMs.

The older TM's for them are here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?79228-TM-s-for-the-939-series-trucks
Bought it from auction gov liq. today.
Its in Fort Polk, LA

Thanks for the links !!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So I'm assuming it has a flat tire? Any other tires low or flat? Low air + sitting = killed inner sidewall of the tires.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you preview?
Pics and video did not match of the same truck if it is the one I viewed.
I think pics were right, video wrong.
Looked like it was missing spare also.

Btw, most tools looked to be in it.

If your travels go through I-10 in New Orleans, pm me and I will give you my contact info

Welcome to the madness.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the madness!

The Ft Polk GL folks warned me that if you didn't have insurance (which you should have anyway) and the MPs stop you on base, you could be in deep doodoo. So, evidently it has happened in the past.

Since fuel costs to drive it home would be around $560 just for the truck, not counting your chase vehicle and motels and meals and truck insurance, it's not that much more to ship. Costs would go up quickly if you have a problem.

auctionaddict

There is one tire cut open and one really low. Maybe I should take 2 spares. I was hoping I would get a better shipping quote but nothing yet !
Thanks for the help !!

auctionaddict

So I'm assuming it has a flat tire? Any other tires low or flat? Low air + sitting = killed inner sidewall of the tires.
There is one tire cut open and one really low. Maybe I should take 2 spares. I was hoping I would get a better shipping quote but nothing yet !
Thanks for the help !!

auctionaddict

Welcome to the madness!

The Ft Polk GL folks warned me that if you didn't have insurance (which you should have anyway) and the MPs stop you on base, you could be in deep doodoo. So, evidently it has happened in the past.

Since fuel costs to drive it home would be around $560 just for the truck, not counting your chase vehicle and motels and meals and truck insurance, it's not that much more to ship. Costs would go up quickly if you have a problem.
I agree. I have fleet insurance but would rather have it shipped, just don't have the $$ to pay 2 grand for shipping. Any other places to check besides 'u' ship ?

auctionaddict

Did you preview?
Pics and video did not match of the same truck if it is the one I viewed.
I think pics were right, video wrong.
Looked like it was missing spare also.

Btw, most tools looked to be in it.

If your travels go through I-10 in New Orleans, pm me and I will give you my contact info

Welcome to the madness.
No I didn't preview.. I have been over that video and it looks to me like the same engine but a different interior ?
Hopefully the miles are right.

I will let you know if I come that way !!

Thanks,Nat

auctionaddict

In the video there is a "keypad" on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Is that the tire inflation control ? I think they posted the wrong video of the interior, would my truck have that being a 86 ?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Might be a good time to review those TMs... Just sayin' before you trek out on this recovery. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks