• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Had an Aluminum top made for the m1102 trailer.

laproscopic

http://www.amtechcorp.com/military/helmet_trailer_top.php

I just bought a nice m1102 trailer to take down the Mohave trail. I want a nice amtech fiberglass top. I have been searching and am about to give up. May have a hard top built for it by a guy here in Fresno.

I live in the Fresno area and will pay and arrange shipping myself. I will have the truck load the top and everything. I will pay in advance for someone to drive it to my house. (alaska top not wanted in this case)

laproscopic

Ya i have seen them, if i cant find the glass job ill likely go that route.

[h=2][/h]
Still looking if someone wants to sell. I recognize it could cost many hundreds to ship. I can arrange all of that.​

Last edited by a moderator:

laproscopic

Dave the moderator sent me a PM asking if Id comment more on the top on this trailer. Im happy to show her off.

i baught the trailer in fresno last month. Plan was to make an off road camp trailer out of her. orriginally i was looking for one of those military fiberglass tops but couldnt find one. there arent many options for tops for these things. So I decided I would need to have one built.
i do a little desert racing and have a fabricator that does a lot of work for me. so i ordered a pile of 2x2x.120 wall square tube and some 2x2x.120 wall angle and some 2x.120 wall strap and some .050 aluminum siding and dropped the trailer off at the fab shop. it took the 2 guys one long day to assemble it. $1600 in labor. this is there first trailer.
they usually build class 1 cars and desert race trucks so this was an easy job.

i need to get some nics pics of the details but basically its all welded. every seam all the way around. ground off where the paneling is. you can walk on the roof if you stay on the beams. May mount the 50 cal on the roof. i may have them put a roof rack up there. nice rivits are used (3/16). besides the rivits the paneling is secured to the beams by 3m 2 sided trailer tape. $200 worth of tape used on the trailer. the windows are new rv parts i purchased. i dont want the windows to shake loose bouncing off road so i had them rivit the aluminum window framed to the beams. the trailer will get banged hard when we play. may use it behind chase track.

i have a latch for the back but decided not too use it. want the hatch to be bombproof. so as thrailer is now you cant open the hatch without first opening the tailgate. the closed tilgate holds the hatch tight. no vibration at all.

i probably have $1200 in materials

laproscopic

ya its kinda low. cant stand in it. its not a confy long term sleeper. but much taller and it wont fit below the trees.

will be painting it black to mach the humvee

real nice trailer, I have been watching a few 11 series trailers. I would like to build one up for some overland adventures. I'm wrapping up my 416 build now, and use a 101 for utility work. The military has such great trailers, great top and like it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks