• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump went south again

nickd

Did some PM yesterday changing the oil and fuel filters. Put everything back together and found the fuel pump was making its normal noise but no fuel was coming to the primary spin on filter drain. Pulled the fuel line from the top of the tank and the pump was running but not pumping fuel. Pulled the pump operating it outside the tank and found the pump was turning the impeller but I think once it was placed in the tank the resistance of the fuel was too great as the impeller may have disconnected itself from the shaft. I did not want to screw with it so I changed out the pump with a replacement unit I had on the shelf and all is well. changing oil with the new spin on filters went well (a lot better than the fuel filter change) I saved the old filters to cut them open to see what lies in them.

Has anyone had any luck dissecting the fuel pump and fixing the impeller?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no shaft connecting the motor to the pump... It's "connected" by magnets. The best thing to do is find a bad motor with a good pump and swap parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks