• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"A2" Hub flip? Jury still out if its possible?

Excuse Me

Ok, just spent that last hour and a half reading about hub flipping using the search feature, thinking I have this at hand. Then,.......one mention of the A2 not being able to flip the hubs? So I search for A2 hub flipping and can not find definitive answers. Some say they dont think it is possible, but is there any definite answer to this? Can I fit A1 hubs on my A2 axles?

I downloaded the parts manuals from the Juanprado (thank Juanprado) but am unable to decipher the A2 parts from the A1 and non A. I need more practice at the TMs and parts pages.

Here is a picture of a 5 ton 900 series set I bought from Boyce a few years back for a one off ag project. The hubs are flipped, or some sort of setup is done here to get the wheel flange to the outside. I need to do this with my A2. How would it be done, or CAN it be done?

Thanks.
big ass running gear.jpg

MtnSnow

I would suggest calling Boyce back and ask them as they would know for sure since rebuilding the 5ton axels are part of their business.

Excuse Me

Call Brett Boyce and he said he remembers making some adapter plate for the drums. He confirmed what others have thought about the A2 hubs NOT being flippable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks