• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

removing electronic components

dodjh

Hi, I have a 1 1/4 ton M 880 that I would like to rid of electronic components. Can it be converted to points and what is necessary to do so?

Thank you,

dodjh

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the problem with your system ? , can it be converted , yes , you would have to find a points distributor from a salvage yard , but why would you want to go back to points ? There are any number of aftermarket Electronic Distributor's on the market .

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find a 1960's Chrysler vehicle with a 318 and swap over the points type distributor and alternator with a mechanical regulator. Actually, this might be a good swap. The two stock electronic 'modules" always give me heck, especially keeping them properly grounded. Just keep a spare set of points and condenser in the glove box, instead of modules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This website is not a prepper website. If you want to discuss prepper info, take it to a prepper website.

Keep the discussion to the M880 and its components

Last edited:

dodjh

Hmmmm, that is what I thought I was doing, discussing an issue specifically related to my M880. So I don't know or understand what you are talking about and why?

So please enlighten me with your brilliance.:confused:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No EMP/Zombie/Prepper questions, posts or responses.

You had stated that is was for an EMP and the other guys ran with it. It never turns out so the moderators shutdown the discussions when we find them.

dodjh

No EMP/Zombie/Prepper questions, posts or responses. I have not seen that before...and I never mentioned the word "prepper". I just wanted opinions on how I could go from EI to points on an M880. Who would know about M880's more than anyone....Steel Soldier. :confused:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forget what you posted - "The reason is to make it EMP proof", "...that would not be harmed by the EMP bomb?".

The other guys took your question off track.

I left your question and the responses on how to accomplish your goal. I can delete the whole thread if you would like.

SS is the best place. It is unlike any other website out there and the moderators are tasked to keep it that way.

Last edited:

dodjh

No, that isn't necessary....I haven't posted on it except from replying to your post today. Someone else might benefit from it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks