• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 77 M-880 has no lights working inside or out

JonBinAR

Hello,
Im new to the M-880 world. Ive had my truck for about 2 years now. Its been used for odd jobs and tasks up until recently. The ammeter smoked and melted to the instrument cluster. Got another whole gauge cluster that worked. Well now my only gauge that works is the ammeter gauge and nothing else. I replaced the back of the cluster with another back and still nothing. The truck still has the 3 lever blackout switch in the dash that I had to disconnect when I took the dash apart. It still has the harness hooked with the light switch. Would this be dead-heading all my fuel, oil pressure and heat gauges along with dash board and head/taillights. Sorry to all for the long post, just trying to give a good description.

Thanks to all, Jon B.

N1265

The 3 lever Military blackout light switch should control power to ALL lights ( inside and outside ) and the Horn. Unless a PO did some modifications to the wiring, It would not effect any other gages.

JonBinAR

Can I remove the blackout switch and the harness going to the light switch without any major modification to the original dash harness or will this require some new parts?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can I remove the blackout switch and the harness going to the light switch without any major modification to the original dash harness or will this require some new parts?
as the blackout system was added after the truck was built by Dodge, it is easily eliminated.

That being said, check the round connector that attaches to the cluster for missing or broken pins, since the ammeter smoked check for a melt down at the firewall connection block.

JonBinAR

Hey Bob H and H1265. I got the lights now. My B/O 3 way switch got turned to off. I still don't have gauges and for some reason my windshield wipers wont turn off...LOL. Im headed to the parts store for some fuses and dielectric grease. I will check the bulkhead connectors and work my way back. Probably knocked something loose in all this dashboard mess. Thanks for the good advice......Jon B.

dtracy22

Do away with the ammeter gauge. There is a how too on madelectrical.com and plenty of information on ramchargercentral.com I did the modifications per the mad electrical how-to and my head lights are super bright now and turn signals work as they should. Best thing i've done to my truck.

rebelreck

Do away with the ammeter gauge. There is a how too on madelectrical.com and plenty of information on ramchargercentral.com I did the modifications per the mad electrical how-to and my head lights are super bright now and turn signals work as they should. Best thing i've done to my truck.
My truck is modified the same way. Saves on shorts later on down the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks