• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB = pm'd you that information. Been home almost 24 hrs and not tore down yet - whats up with that ??
Actually it won't be 24 hours until around 16:00hrs this afternoon! It's prolly be quite a while til much is done with that bad baby...maybe a much as a week!:naner:

mhassett

I saw a truck like that as I was passing a car show last Thursday in Covington, LA.
From the road, looked really nice.
MHassett
Bush, LA

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope when you get it done you can bring it to a rally. As a child and young adult, I often looked forward and wondered what it would be like to "Drive" the short bus. I'd like to find out.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You also need to get all the Tools it would have had for Small Arms Repair.
Of course that would be ideal Sir but I'm thinking more along the lines of displaying different types of weapons used in WWII. Of course they will be shielded/protected behind plexiglass so folks can't mess with them. I think that would be a welcome addition to most any event/display.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I hope when you get it done you can bring it to a rally. As a child and young adult, I often looked forward and wondered what it would be like to "Drive" the short bus. I'd like to find out.
That's an outstanding idea!!! We can put some troop seats in the back and redesignate the K18-C as the "SSSBS". (Steel Soldiers Short Bus Shuttle).:naner:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That thing is AWESOME!

I love the WWII cab-over-engine trucks. I'd love to have a GMC AFKWX (it's like a COE CCKW).

GMC AFKWX 353.jpgGMC-AFKWX-353-COE-6x6-1.jpgid_gmc_afkwx353_700_01.jpg

What a neat and rare ride-I can't wait to see it.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that's exactly what the holes are for and the bolts/nuts were replaced and are still in the brace mounts on the inside of the grill!! I guess someone removed the grill because it was so darn "fugly" and they wanted to use the truck for sumpin else.

Here's what the grill guard should look like:
Look at that trailer! I want.

Oh yea, nice find. ;)

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the "FUGLY" girl. A real pleasure to watch another PB restoration. Keep the photos and such coming. A rolling piece of rare American history. Ya "rock" PB!

God bless,
Tony

saddamsnightmare

January 26th, 2014.

Papabear:

Now you'll have to find rebuild kits for the carb and all the rubber in the fuel lines, as it might take 68 Octane, but it won't digest ethanol laden unleaded at all. Now that I think of it, you might want to do valve stem seals and new alloy seats for the valves...no lead to lubricate those parts either. The grill guard should be easy to make, just inspired blacksmithing is all that's going to be!

Have a Good, Warm evening down your way![thumbzup]

1crook

PB, you need to get the CAMO crew better GPS if they wind up in a diner in Butler, GA. I can say that because I grew up in Reynolds, not very far away. I remember there being a National Guard unit near my house as a kid and seeing a lot of neat green stuff. Amazed that someone had this near by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks