Page 5 of 252 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: 1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 5,313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clintogf View Post
    PB, you need to get the CAMO crew better GPS if they wind up in a diner in Butler, GA. I can say that because I grew up in Reynolds, not very far away. I remember there being a National Guard unit near my house as a kid and seeing a lot of neat green stuff. Amazed that someone had this near by.
    Yes but this guy lives up that way...not in Columbus.
    Ignorance can be educated and crazy can be medicated but there is no cure for stupid.

Thanks

Yeah, I thought so. Had to give you grief. Need to take Clinto back to the old hometown and test out his MVR skills, they are uncanny. No telling what other kind of neat stuff is around there.
    Dawn

No more deuces.

My MV related stuff for sale:

http://tinyurl.com/ad6qxj9

Thanks
    Thanked 7,009 Times in 2,712 Posts

GF - if you just locate another M38A1 for Clinto he would be like a kid in a pumkin patch (chain it to the ground so he does not sell this one).

I appreciate the confidence in thinking I could do the KC some justice - but there some folks down at CAMO way better than I am that will make that KC look awesome in the near future. I know the other project they have and when something takes place they are looking extremely forward to - that is when I think the KC project will start (just guessing here). It will be great when it starts getting worked on and seeing PB's build pictures coming in.

I already "see" it done anyhow - and you won't be disappointed when their finished with it.

Thanks

PB, You know they made a crew-cab version also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Medic View Post
    PB, You know they made a crew-cab version also.
    Right now I don't know much of anything about this rascal!! I did find out it's listed as "G620, GMC, 1 1/2Ton Truck" TM # is TM 10-1702.

Anyone got that TM laying around? I searched the SS TM Section and couldn't find it...maybe Doghead could help??
    Ignorance can be educated and crazy can be medicated but there is no cure for stupid.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to papabear For This Useful Post:

Wolfen (01-28-2014)

Thanks

The K series trucks should be radio trucks, not weapons repair. That pic of it pulling a trailer, the trailer houses the receivers.
    Last edited by Tin Medic; 01-28-2014 at 11:54.
    Just looked at a rock and it was all "What are you lookin' at?" LOL so I nuclear-lasered it and now the others know who is in charge.

YOU GUYS!!! I found a BLACK HOLE! Oh… no, wait, never mind. Just a regular hole. IT'S JUST A REGULAR HOLE. STAND DOWN! Sorry!

Sarcastic Rover

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tin Medic For This Useful Post:

papabear (01-20-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Medic View Post
    The K series trucks should be radio trucks, not weapons repair. That pic of it pulling a trailer, the trailer houses the receivers.
    You know I think you are right. The prior owner told me it was a small arms repair truck but I don't see that on the data plates?

Also, there are several inlets/outlets that look like they may be for cables and such in the box.

I'm hoping you can give as much info as possible as I have found very little.

Thanks

That TM is pretty old, might take me a minute to dig that up.
    Just looked at a rock and it was all "What are you lookin' at?" LOL so I nuclear-lasered it and now the others know who is in charge.

YOU GUYS!!! I found a BLACK HOLE! Oh… no, wait, never mind. Just a regular hole. IT'S JUST A REGULAR HOLE. STAND DOWN! Sorry!

Sarcastic Rover

Thanks

This would be your radio setup:

The SCR-197 mobile station consisted of the BC-325 radio transmitter, radio receivers consisted of three BC-342 and one Hallicrafters S-20R "Sky Champion". Also included was a BC-119 control box. The complete set was housed in a K-18 truck and K-19 trailer combination. A 45 foot vertical antenna was used for sending and a 15 foot whip used for receiving. Power could be optionally supplied by power mains or portable generator units: one PTO driven GN-42-A generator for the transmitter and two small PE-75 skid mounted units for the receivers. The SCR-197 set was later replaced by the SCR-299.

Sarcastic Rover

Thanks

Chevy also had a military version: G7123 / G7153. The parts are pretty much interchangeable.

Sarcastic Rover

Page 5 of 252 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast