• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What wheels are these? I just won these on auction and pretty sure they may be hemtt

TurboJoe

So all of the auctions are over now so its safe to ask the question.

What are these wheels?
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=7138117&convertTo=USD

They ~9in centers so not MRAP. I'm going to pick them up in a week or so when I get back from vacation but curious if anyone here actually knows. Figured worst case I scrap them and I'm just out fuel, best case I got some cheap rims for my 5ton.

It was a PITA to find any info on these wheels while the auctions were going.

Thanks for your help,

Joe

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I was looking at those lots too. I couldnt find much information on them except they referenced back to a BAE Systems vehicle. Probably something armored like an mrap.

avc8130

There was some serious competition over those rims at the last moment! Either they are made of a special alloy that scraps well, or someone knows what they fit and has a plan.

ac

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
congrats on winning wheels for this (IVVMD)
View attachment 475385
Husky route clearance vehicle. 1 man, designed to be blown up and reassembled. Has a Ground Penetrating radar or something underneath (where the blade would be on a grader). Could also add a variety of other counter IED systems like the rollers or Rhino for heat detonation. ENGs loved them, but the guys who I talked to said they got lonely driving them since there's no one else in the vehicle.

5tonman1971

You could get some big ballon tires and flip the rims when you put them on and you could do some serious work at the sand dunes. But that's a really good price though either way.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
One thing I've learned from this forum is that just about anything can be re-purposed. If you got the o-rings and valve stems with those rims you got over like a fat rat. There might be a market for them using the big flotation tires among the loggers that use 5 tons for pullout trucks. Necessity is the mother of invention.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google "Sand Trail" tires. Looks like some of these come through GL. This set looks like it ran underinflated on pavement, outside wore out: http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6785951

Tire selections for a 20" wheel this wide could be limited. Most tires this wide are going to be for something like 24 inch wheels. If you end up finding some tires and using them, how about a post?

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Meant that high-speed OTR tire selection could be limited...should be lots of choices for sand dune/balloon type tires.

TurboJoe

What would happen mounting a standard 395/85R20 on these? I thought the number says 10 inches wide on one of the auctions but that looks wider in pictures. Hey, its a learning curve always.

TurboJoe

Ok, I am intrigued now. I know on some of the auctions I saw a 20x10 stamped on the inside face.

Doing some crude scaling with the pictures and what the pallet should be, these look like they may be 10 inches wide. If they are 12 inches wide that is a stretch.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I am intrigued now. I know on some of the auctions I saw a 20x10 stamped on the inside face.

Doing some crude scaling with the pictures and what the pallet should be, these look like they may be 10 inches wide. If they are 12 inches wide that is a stretch.
I know they are all marked 5894... but if you scroll down the 36 lots you will notice that there were actually two wheel sizes present: most of them are stamped OW19-28, which is a typical 20x11 inch, MPT style wheel. They have 16 bolts holding the wheel-halves together and come with a 8-on-275mm lugnut pattern.
Then there are 3 or 4 lots which are stamped OW19-01, 20x10 size industrial (bead height = 2"). Its a 20-bolt assembly and likely has the common 5-ton, 10-on-11.25" pattern, but that still needs to be confirmed. (I.e: Lot #5316)
I also found 3 lots which have both sizes mixed in the same lot. (See #5310; #5320; #5331)

If you really got lot#5322 those will not fit on your stock 5-ton.
Sorry for "raining into your parade"...

G.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks