• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armored Car V100 and Armored Jeep M151 1967 video and more

Rickv100

I am taking my collection of VHS video transfers over to a video production location to have it transferred over to digital format.

I am not sure if I will post to YouTube or offer copies.

Right now I have Armored Command Car V-100 and Armored Jeep 151 from 1967, this is silent film footage shot when the 716th was evaluating the V100. It originally came from the National Archives.

I also have some footage from someone of a prototype V100 swimming in Michigan during the early 60's. I am guessing it was shot by Cadillac Gage.

I am not sure where this footage originally came from.

Rick

Last edited:

Rickv100

I just came back from the video transfer shop, it will take about a week to get the films transferred. There is also footage shot at Yuma Proving Grounds with drawbar tests of different vehicles and then them testing a V100 with a bolt on wheel ring. It has footage of them swimming the V in a test tank.

At the end of the video they manage to get the V100 stuck.

Rick

Rickv100

Loaded on YouTube. It is 18 minutes of silent footage
First part is maintenance on V100
Second is MP's patrol Saigon starting at 4:50
Third is MP's on patrol with Armored Jeep and V100 at 10:27. There is a gun truck in the background with a quad .50.

http://youtu.be/7X9rcAVYoy0

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks