• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military ATV rims?

BayDog

I ran across these on govliquidation and was wondering if these Hutchinson 12x7 wheels and rims were for ATV/UTV or something else?
56904591_gl_large_thumb.jpg56904652_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

I searched the 'net and can't really find too much about them. Anyone out there familiar with these? Thanks.
BayDog

BayDog

Ok now I'm obsessed with finding out what these fit since I am now the owner of 52 of them. Which barring the weather will hopefully arrive by early next week.
I found a partial NSN 2530-00-X08-7??? and nomenclature Rim, RPT Trailer. A search of the partial NSN shows nothing. Maybe some type of experimental trailer (X08 in the nsn? Just a guess.
BayDog

B3.3T

What is the spacing on the stud holes? and diameter of the hole? I might be interested in as many as 12. How much?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a 4 bolt pattern, I would like a few if they fit my ATV, lets get the dimensions and figure this one out!

BayDog

Thanks guys for the responses. As soon as I get my hands on them I will measure the bolt hole pattern, list the complete NSN and post it on here. As far as what they're worth, beats me! I will probably mount a couple on ATV tires and see how they look and if they work out, keep a set and get rid of the rest.

BayDog

Quick Update: I just got back from OH with the rims. It was a nice 16 hour round trip complete with a mini blizzard and some icy roads. The trip back however was sunny and clear which was nice for a change.
Anyway, I am going to take the measurements and post them here. The complete NSN is 253000X087933 which I could not find on the 'net. The are apparently a run flat wheel, as least that what the paper that came with them says. They are 2 piece all aluminum and each of them come with a large 1/4" round o-ring seal.
Pics and measurements to follow...
BayDog

BayDog

Ok I was able to take all the measurements off one of the rims today. The rim had a serial # 000022 which leads me to believe these were from maybe a prototype of some kind. Anyway, here they are:

Wheel width: 13.25"
thickness: 8.035"
run flat inner tire: 6 9/16" wide by 1/2" thick
Center hole of wheel: 4.35"
stud hole size, .408
Stud distance apart: 5.35"

They are all powder coated aluminum (tan/orange mix?) except the steel nuts and bolts which hold the 2 piece rim together.
I have very little experience with flats but I guess it's normal that the inner tube has a brass collared hole about 3/8" wide to let air in the tire when filling it up. Also the air stem is chromed metal, maybe steel.
Would really like to find out what they went on or what they were intended for. I sent an email to the manufacturer asking for info last week but no response.
Hmm, maybe a Top Secret Squirrel Black Ops Project?
BayDog

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What's the stud distance apart? Are you measuring two studs close together or diagonally across?

BayDog

GOOD CATCH! The measurement DIAGONALLY between the mounting studs is 5.35" on center. Thanks for picking that up, I edited my original post.
BayDog

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remember, if you decide to sell them you must place them in the classifieds and not here. And you must be a paying member to sell in the classifieds.

BayDog

Thanks, I understand and appreciate the information. I actually plan on becoming a paying member either way. Great site with alot of good info so it's worth it to me.

WRMorrison

So, roughly a 4 x 135 bolt pattern. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that uses that pattern, but 5 x 135 is pretty common.

-WRM

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quick Update: I just got back from OH with the rims. It was a nice 16 hour round trip complete with a mini blizzard and some icy roads. The trip back however was sunny and clear which was nice for a change.
Anyway, I am going to take the measurements and post them here. The complete NSN is 253000X087933 which I could not find on the 'net. The are apparently a run flat wheel, as least that what the paper that came with them says. They are 2 piece all aluminum and each of them come with a large 1/4" round o-ring seal.
Pics and measurements to follow...
BayDog
Is the NSN on the paperwork or the rim? NSN's have no letters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks