• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military ATV rims?

BayDog

Is the NSN on the paperwork or the rim? NSN's have no letters.
Yeah that's what I thought too. The NSN I got is actually from the paperwork which was located inside one of the boxes as well as the NSN on the outside of the boxes. It has the Shelf number, U/I and some other numbers but the NSN definitely has an "X" in it.
The rims have no NSN on them, just the following:
WO-0432 Rev A (which I believe is the Govt contract Work Order #, revision A)
Hutchinson-Made in USA
YY-MM-DD
03-10-16 (Obviously date of manufacture)
S/N 0000XX (XX is a different number on each wheel. The highest number so far I've seen is 89).
I still haven't been through all the boxes yet so maybe some more paperwork will show up. Since these wheels are unused, I think they were for a test project and maybe given a temporary NSN (?). Of course I could be totally wrong too!

BayDog

I took a couple rims to the local motorcycle/ATV shop and found out some good information. The actual bolt pattern in 4X137 not 135 (my mistake!) I did a mockup with a ITP Mud-Lite 25X10-12 tire he had on display. Here's how they look:
hutchinsonsmall1.jpg
hutchinsonsmall2.jpg
I did not put the runflat on or any air in it because the tire is a display tire and the shop owner wanted it back. I think they look good!
BayDog

Last edited:

BayDog

Got my membership so they are now posted on the Classified section. If anyone is interested in multiple sets, we can talk price. Thanks to everyone for all the help.
BTW did find the Hutchinson part number on a box. The tag says "WA0432/BL0055. 12"x7" 2 PC ALUM WHL W/12" BEADLOCK"
BayDog

Last edited:

BayDog

The manufacturer (Hutchinson) called me back today and told me the rating for the rims was 500 lbs. Also they were a special contract just for the military and not a product that they normally make.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks