• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The best lockout hubs for a Deuce

dmetalmiki

I have 3 sets of locking hubs stacked on a shelf..taken off my deuces..I saw absalutely no point on them fitted to a full time sprag unit...and all or any WW11.jeeps we get from the U.S.A. seem to fitted with locking hubs ..which I promptly remove to get back to orriginal. (more stacked up hub shelves.) If I was stateside i would be having a sale.

dabtl

So far there are no reports of a failure by the Ouverson, AVM or Warn hubs. Buy the hubs you want. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Reaper651

No AVM is made in Brazil Ouverson USA AVM hubs are substandard in quality and have P**s poor customer service. Suport US jobs and buy the Ouverson hubs ,read gringeltaubes writeup on the Ouverson hubs vs AVM.
WELL, Now I know why the Ouverson Hubs are more money!! I think I will go with them. AMerican stuff fer an AMerican truck!! RAH!!! OK, NOW my next question, Which of the two different Ouverson hub models do you recommend? The Violators seem to be the best ones. I don't like the idea of having the cast housing of their standard set, but then again, Casting technology has become very good. I'm thinking the Violators, expensive yes but there are some areas where I want the best, even If I got to pay more for it. Thoughts?

P.S. Just went for a little trail run in the hills here in Menifee, In a Deuce and a Half for the first time!! AWESOME!!! If I wasn't hooked on Green Iron before, I sure as H&LL am Now!! Thanks again Dezert Ratt!!:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Ok I had the same concern when I talked to the gentleman at Ouverson and I quote (you ll snap a shaft before you break the lockouts). I heard that from them the cast ones are for our stock trucks/splines and thats what he recommended. I also got a free tshirt and bought the tshirt/hoody bundle thats how pleasant it was for me. I would call them you ll see what I mean. P.S. Sorry Steve I wasnt trying to say anything mean like gimp said just helping a fellow member.

Reaper651

Cool. So The cast ones are GTG, I wonder what the difference is between the standard lockouts and the Violators, aside from the cast vs. billet housing. I think the Violator lockouts fit stock 2.5 Rockwell axles?

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far there are no reports of a failure by the Ouverson, AVM or Warn hubs. Buy the hubs you want. I doubt you will be disappointed.
Sorry to say, my Warn hubs stink. The threaded part inside that turns to engage lock hub seems to be
made of a pot metal casting thus easily gulling and making it almost impossible to turn by hand.

I'm in the process of making replacements out of steel like they should have been in the first place.
If anyone is interested in a pair let me know.

dabtl

Sorry to say, my Warn hubs stink. The threaded part inside that turns to engage lock hub seems to be
made of a pot metal casting thus easily gulling and making it almost impossible to turn by hand.

I'm in the process of making replacements out of steel like they should have been in the first place.
If anyone is interested in a pair let me know.
I did not think Warn hubs were current production now?

Dipstick

I bought Ouverson lockouts for my truck and I like them. They are quite easy to install. I've done a lot of driving in snow this winter on days when the temperature is in the single digits and I've never have any problems locking or unlocking them.

nmwildman013

A friend and I both have locking hubs on our deuces. One is a sprag transfer case and one is air. We have had these for three years now and are totally sold on them. They happen to be AVMs. Makes no sense to me to have all those gears and shafts turning if you aren't using them. We work them too. He put over 6000 miles on his spragged deuce last year and it solved some issues we had with his wanting to bind up sometimes. I mostly offroad mine in the desert and haul firewood and scrap metal. Just more pleasant to drive with lockouts.

jimm1009

Has anyone put Selectros on with MRAP wheels on the 6 bolt adapter?
I am wondering if there is enough room too grab the outer knob on this configuration.
11167-01 now $890.00. Holy omg!!!!

peashooter

jimm1009

Mile Marker stopped the manufacturing of the 11167-01 hubs. No alternate for M.M. at this time.
Will have to find the next best unit.
jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks